Death

I watched the fight along with my classmates, while we were feeling the sonic booms and the blasts from where we stood. It was such a one sided fight, that Koro-sensei was losing. He wasn't winning like he usually would. He was losing, which stunned me more than I'd admit. Seeing Koro-sensei so overwhelmed, made me feel like an utter failure.

How were we supposed to help our teacher, when we couldn't even kill him? How are we supposed to help him, when it comes to someone that overpowers him? How are we supposed to do anything with that in mind?

I sunk to the ground, as I stared at Koro-sensei being pummeled. I don't even know if I should watch anymore, can I bear to see him get killed by someone that isn't from our class? I shook my head, focusing on the fight to see Koro-sensei was managing his own. I felt my eyes widen at the sight, and Ritsu explained what he was doing.

I smiled, shaking my head at what I heard. Of course Koro-sensei would adapt and make up for his own weaknesses. That's our teacher alright. He's always growing, even when he's in battle mode. But then, he stopped moving and stared at Shiro.

"I'd like for you to leave, this place is a learning environment, not a war zone!"

He always is thinking of educating his students first. He truly can't help but try to educate, even when he's in a freaking fight.

But suddenly, the fake reaper was in front of us, planning on attacking us. But then, Koro-sensei jumped in front of us, taking the hit to protect us from getting hurt. We the dust cleared, he was bruised pretty badly. He knelt down on the ground, the hit taking a lot out of him. 

Shiro kept telling the fake reaper to target us, knowing that Koro-sensei would protect us. It's us that he would only do this for. We're in the way right now. I watched Koro-sensei cough up yellow blood, and it was our fault that he couldn't fight. Not even Mr. Karasuma could do anything against him.

If we hadn't come here at all, maybe he would've stood a chance against Shiro. But it's because of us that he's in this state right now. We are his weakness, and it shows, look at Koro-sensei. He can't even move while he's being held by the fake reaper. Shiro's right, and that's what stings the most.

"That's completely preposterous! You're a fool if you think I'll believe it's that cut and dry! These children, they've risked life and limb to save me! What they've gone through just to be here tonight is extraordinary! Their determination, their unflappable spirit, students like these are the greatest gift a teacher could ask for! They are not a hindrance, they are not a weakness, they are my class, and I am proud of each and every one of them!"

I smiled, as I listened to Koro-sensei defend us. He really has believed in us right from the very start, no matter what anyone else said. 

"Call it what you will, but when the chips are down, I will give my life to protect them!"

"Yes, that's all fine and good, so dutiful, and yet I'm afraid we have to deny you even that satisfaction. See your strength will run out soon, at which point the children you're protecting, let's just say their future won't be as bright as you'd hoped."

I watched Kayano shoot the fake reaper, and soon she was battling against it, but all too soon, the fake reaper shot a tentacle through her stomach. I felt my eyes widen and the horror of watching her fall, made me want to vomit. I glared at Shiro, and I felt my body shaking. 

I soon felt powerful waves of just pure power, radiate from both Koro-sensei and the fake reaper. I turned away, and began running away with the others. We all turned around, just to see Koro-sensei changing different colors. It soon turned into white, and he used the power to target the fake reaper, which also targeted Shiro as well.

We all saw that the fake reaper, was dead and gone. The fight, it was finally over. But I looked at Kayano, and I finally broke down. None of us were screaming for joy, we all cried at the loss of our classmate. But Koro-sensei somehow began repairing Kayano's body, and I held Karma's hand as he gave some blood to help out.

 She soon came back to life, and I jumped on her, hugging her as I cried. Thank god she's alright, thank god! I held her, sobbing as she tried to get out of the arms of all of us. Clearly, I wasn't the only one who thought of hugging her to death. 

Today, we almost lost someone dear to us. We almost lost one of our own, and for some reason, this has opened my eyes more than I thought it would. I stared at Karma, who had a smile on his face. I rushed over to him, hugging him with everything I had in me. This may sound kind of odd, but this was a lesson that I never will forget.

Cherish your loved ones with everything that you have. Make time for them, spend time with them, make memories with them before it's too late. That is what I learned from almost seeing Kayano die. We never know what our last moment is going to be our last, so make it count.

Never waste a single moment, because the days you're truly alive, are the days you will never forget. This whole year, I have never felt more alive in my entire life. I was stuck, for such a long time. But for some reason, this class managed to bring me out of the dark place I was in. This class, has taught me to cherish every person I know, along with every memory that I make from now on.