:7:

"OWEN WHAT THE FLIPPITY FLIP"

"Oh shittttt Jia almost swore"

"I'd deadass take a swing at you if I could"

"How about we all take a deep breath here?"

"OWEN YOU ARE DEAD" Jia practically yelled through the phone as the girls all crowded around the phone. They had excused themselves from the meeting before dashing out of the conference room to call their manager.

"Now, I think we should take Maru's advice and calm down." Owen tried to calm everyone, well, more so his little sister down. However, Jia on the other hand was fuming.

"I AM NOT GOING TO CALM DOWN WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!" Jia yelled through the phone at her brother.

"You could have told us..." Vera stated seeing that Jia was obviously upset. She hated seeing the leader in this state. Although Vera tended to joke and mess around with the rest of them, when her friends were truly hurt or sad, a new side of Vera would start to surface.

The girls knew this side well. "Oh shit is that protective Vera?" Naomi said to no one in particular, yet everyone heard her, even Owen.

Vera didn't say anything. She simply turned towards Naomi and nodded. The girl walk over to Jia and gently grabbed the phone before taking it off speaker and walking away.

The girls watched in a mix of shock and fear as Vera made her way to the other end of the long hallway. "There is no saving him now." Amaru spoke while not taking her eyes off the drummer.

"He's a dead man for sure." Naomi replied being a key witness to all the horrors Protective Vera has caused.

Jia huffed before crossing her arms over her chest "Good." Was all she said before leaning on the wall and closing her eyes. "I don't want to get married to him." She added with a sigh. "Not like this."

The girls knew all too well who she was talking about. It made sense that it would be Jia and Yeosang. That fact was probably why she was the most livid out of the 4. The rest of the girls didn't sense the immediate danger that Jia did. After all, her and Yeosang had a long and winding history that would make the story much more believable.

Yes, the story. This was a publicity stunt. That's what the ceo told the girls before the booked it to call their manager. The relationship might have been fake, however, the marriage status and papers were very much not. They had to "cover their bases" as the executive put it.

Noami sighed as she rubbed Jia's shoulder in hopes of comforting her. Amaru looked out towards Vera before helping the bassist with their leader.

They hoped Vera would be able to pull something off.

"What the actual fuck is wrong with you??" Vera fumed through the phone as she tried not to raise her voice. "I knew you were stupid but I at least thought you were a good manager not to mention a decent brother."

"Veve I can explai-"

"Don't." She cut him off mid sentence. "You call me Vera now." Her harsh tone would rip Owen a new one if it could.

The line was silent for a moment. Neither of them wanted to speak nor comment on the place the conversation had led to. There was not nearly enough time nor distance yet.

The girl heard Owen sigh before he tried to speak once more. "Jia and Yeosang were made for each other" He pleaded his case. "I've seen them joined at the hip for years on end. Hell, even our Dad said he would only give his blessing to Yeosang!" Owen spoke through the phone in hopes of convincing Vera. "Although the two are probably some of the smartest people I know. When it comes to their feelings for one another, all that intellect goes down the drain." He replied with an exasperated sigh "I just wanted to help them out."

Vera took in a deep breath. She knew Owen was a good guy. She knew he would never do something to intentionally upset his sister, however, it was obvious that this time around he screwed up, big time.

She exhaled. "Can we cancel it?" She spoke subsiding her anger at the current moment in hopes of finding a solution. "Not unless you want to get blackballed by one of the fastest growing groups in K-pop." Owen replied defeated.

She sighed once more as she started to walk towards the rest of the girls. She was a few steps away from them when she noticed tears streaming down Jia's face.

"Does it have to be Jia and Yeosang?" Vera spoke as her heart beat started to pick up speed. "Well, no, but someone needs to sign..." Owen spoke starting to grow a bit suspicious.

However, before he could stop her Vera had hung up the phone.

"Jia please don't cry it's going to be ok." Amaru cooed however, the tears didn't stop.

"All that time... all those memories..." Jia spoke trying not hiccup or stutter.

"Honey, it's gonna be alright. We are gonna find or loop hole or something." Naomi told her trying to wipe away the oncoming tears.

"Were all those years... were they nothing? Was it all for nothing but a stupid publicity stunt? Is that all I really mean to him?!" Sobs started to rack through her body as the realization hit. She felt like she was about to collapse. The ground seemed to rumble under her and she desperately tried to gain her footing even if it was all in heard head.

However, that was when the three noticed Vera rush past them and into the conference room. With two arms outstretched she pushed through the double doors and strutted in with determined strides. Everyone inside seemed to be shocked by her actions, however she simply grabbed the papers and pen in front of the CEO and looked at him. "It can be anyone right?"

"Yes, but-"

That was all she need to hear before she signed her name on the dotted line.

"Vera what are you doing!" Jia replied walking into the conference room. Upon seeing her teary state Yeosang couldn't help the urge to want to walk over to her and hold her in his arms. However, he begrudgingly stayed in his seat.

"I'll do anything to make you happy Jia." Vera told her as she flipped through the papers and initialed where she had to. "So don't worry so much." She replied turning to her leader with a sweet smile. "I'll handle this."

Jia didn't say anything. She simply wiped away her tears as she watched Vera walk up to the guy she briefly spoke to at the beginning of the meeting.

Mingi looked up at Vera in complete shock as she gave him an award winning smile and handed him the papers and pen. "Let's get married, what do you say?"

"I- what- I don't think that such a good idea- not that I don't want to marry you it's just- well- we don't know each- not saying that I would if we did- I just- I" He grew more flustered by the second however, the girl gave him an innocent look at scooted the papers closer to him. She knew exactly what she was doing.

"It's ok we can always get to know each other later." She replied with a wink and small laugh. "Besides, it's not forever, just a year." She replied leaning over the table and pointing to the bit of writing that said just that. Needless to say Vera was glad when that little excerpt caught her eye after she signed.

"What do you say?" She asked before adding "I'll owe you one".

He stared up at her for a moment, before glancing over to Yeosang. His friend had a worried expression on his face as he looked at the girl Mingi presumed he knew.

And so, he signed.

Vera's face lit up as everyone seemed to stare at the newlyweds in complete horror. A unanimous thought running through their minds as he simply kept initialing.

"What the actual FUCK just happened"

When he finished, Vera picked up the paper as she looked at his name. "Song Mingi." She read. "What a beautiful name". A slight blush crept up onto his cheeks at her words.

Vera, turned back towards him and held out her free hand. He gently shook it as she uttered the words that would launch them into the adventure of a lifetime.

"It's nice to meet you Mingi. The name is Vera. I'm your new wife."