Chapter 4

Changmin entered the school gates, soon being joined by another.

"You're acting like your dog."

"You're like magic! I regained a memory thanks to you. So naturally I'm going to stick close." explained Eric, swaying happily.

He forgot how simple Eric could be at times. Maybe because he was always so complex with him. He always made it obvious to other kids that he did and always would treat him differently. He didn't mind.

"You're smiling." whispered Eric, feeling his cheeks warm. "Attractive maybe?"

"You make it sound like I never smile." snorted Changmin, heading for his classroom.

"They're never genuine like that. It's nice to see genuine ones. You glow in a way."

Changmin couldn't find a retort so he walked away instead. Nothing else had really happened over the weekend. And he intended to keep his days uneventful save for helping Eric remember. He often thought maybe it'd be better to just let Eric never remember. He specifically forgot him for a reason right? Though, he couldn't remember doing anything bad to him. Maybe not following through on finding him his white dress of happiness?

Changmin doodled in class, wondering what the dress would've looked like to tiny tot Eric. Long and poofy? Short and flowy? It could've looked like anything.

"Mr Ju, we encourage you all to follow your passions but you're in class right now."

Changmin hid his sketches, pretending to be following along until he could go back to sketching. What did he think it looked like as a tot? He closed his eyes before opening them, letting his hand do the work. A halter dress where the back was moderately longer than the front. Something he'd like to see a girl in probably.

"Mr Ju Changmin!"

"Sorry..."

Classmates gave him concerned glances, knowing it wasn't like him to be so distracted in class that he'd get caught.

Changmin remained in the classroom, everyone else having left for lunch. It was one of those days his appetite just took a sudden nosedive.

"Oh, so you are up here..."

Eric. He held up his arm, keeping him distanced.

"Don't you ever think maybe it's better not to remember? You forgot those memories for a reason probably."

"I used to think that, but the feelings... I can't just throw that away. Maybe if I didn't feel anything I could."

Another reason to hate feelings and emotions. Eric moved a chair over before sitting near him.

"Are those dress sketches? Do you wanna go into fashion design?" asked Eric.

"Huh? No. To the fashion design. I was just thinking of what the 'white dress of happiness' would look like to me and my old best friend. I think this turned out to be more of what I'd like to see a girl in."

"A girl and not your best friend? You were clearly thinking about that bestie wearing this when you sketched it." Eric fussed. "Don't give me 'some girl' crap."

Eric clearly didn't understand that he was making excuses. Of course he drew it with Eric in mind. Of course he wanted to see Eric in it, but to just come out and admit he wanted to see a guy in a dress? It was sick, weird. It'd just further push the creep agenda.

"Changmin? Hello?" he called out. No response. Eric looked at the finished halter dress, running his fingers over it. "White dress of happiness... Mom..."