Prince's Knight 2

A Royal Nanny

"Wynknight, here to accept a mission, Commander," I spoke in a dull voice.

Well, I'm not a fan of formalities and I'll bet my horse that our commander feels the same, judging the way he ignored me.

Snob as always and truly, a man with few words. He just signalled something and I was too bored to care. I sat down.

Inilibot ko ang paningin sa opisina ng aming commander. The interiors and furnitures are mostly black and gold along with dark colors reflecting the aura of the man in front of me. This man is one of the very few people who have my respect considering how wary I am of anyone around me.

Although the Paladin Knights are independent, we are still bound to our oath to the empire. That's why we are under the jurisdiction of one of the most powerful person and considered as the First Knight of Marveille, Marquis Kazan.

A squire walked in and handed me a bunch of papers. Muntik na akong mapaismid. I can read but I'm too lazy for that.

"Read that. Ask your questions later." Hindi pa rin umaangat ang tinging utos ni commander.

Magrereklamo pa sana ako dahil sa kapal ng dokumentong hawak ko. When I was a part of the trainees, our missions were delivered through messenger birds. The instructions are also simple and more or less, consisting three words. I guess, this is also a part of "royal treatment" and I always hated that idea.

Seeing that this is serious, I had no choice but to waste a few brain cells. Sinimulan kong pasadahan ng tingin ang unang pahina.

"Kranssian Prince? Hmm. Quite interesting."

Kranssia, being the largest and strongest country, is the empire of dark sorcerers and demonic race. However, this does not affect the harmonious relationship between our empires.

Recently, there has been multiple assassination attempts on it's only heir, the newly entitled archduke of Kranssia, Yuzeff Aquilla y Valentine. The sole prince whose important information are well-hidden. I stopped after a minute because I felt my head throb. Not to mention, anything concerning royalty triggers my 'psychological' allergic reaction.

Bored akong napatitig sa profile na hawak ko. Ni hindi na ako nag-abala pang basahin ang ibang detalye o tingnan man lang ang litrato. Maliban sa pangalan, wala na akong balak alamin pa kung anong hitsura o ugali nitong archduke na to.

I ignored 'trivial' details which are actually the rest of the long description after the name. That's ten pages and I have no intention to waste any more of my brain cells in storing uninteresting things.

After all, the mission is to guard and protect. Along with that, investigate who is the main culprit behind the assassination.

Easy. Meaning, not thrilling.

Ipinatong ko ang mga papel sa mesa at walang ganang sumandal sa upuan.

"I'm a knight not some idle escort. Guarding a royal? I'd rather climb Mt. Kratos and hunt dragons. I wanted to be a renegade. Leave all of this shiets behind and travel anywhere. I'm sick of this kind of life already."

Napaangat ng tingin sa mukha ko ang aming commander.

"This mission is very important. If anything goes wrong, there will be war between empires. You're bored, right? This danger will be like child's play for you. Many knights out there wanted this kind of task and you're not taking it seriously."

"Why not give this mission to those knights then?"

"You are well aware that this is a highly classified and confidential mission. The prince will enter the empire in disguise and we need to make it as discreet as possible. Besides, you're in no position to question that. Just do your task flawlessly like how you usually do. No objections."

I cursed in my mind.

"What if this time, I won't obediently go? I'm bored but not insane. Hindi pa ako nababaliw para maging yaya ng sinumang maharlika. I'm actually thinking of quitting for real, this time."

The commander stopped reading whatever report he's been holding and met my gaze.

Lord Wilson Kazan is a gorgeous man. His dark blue eyes seemed like they can see through anybody's soul. His golden brown hair highlights his features making him look younger than his actual age.

Truth be told, I used to fancy him.

Naaattract kasi ako sa mga malalakas at magagaling sa pakikipaglaban. Well, maybe it's because I'm a knight that's why I admire men with great physique and commendable swordsmanship skills.

Thinking about it now, I can't believe I used to actually take a liking to this unfeeling, stone-faced commander. If not for the rumors about his secret relationship with the princess, I would've doubted if he has a heart.

Napahugot ako ng malalim na hininga nang isang blangkong tingin lang ang ibinigay nito sa'kin.

"Commander, I'm really serious this time. Ayoko ng temporary break. I want a long-term vacation."

"Give me one good reason."

"I'm bored." I said in a 'duh' tone and gave him a blank stare as well.

"You always say that. You even used the same excuse for how many times already. Then, go running around the next day asking for an 'exciting' quest."

"I'm telling you, it's serious this time. I'm soooo bored. O mas tamang sabihing nawawalan na ako ng gana. Wala ng thrill ang mga nangyayari sa buhay ko. And I'm not interested in whatever 'dangerous' missions any longer. Danger is now like a shadow to me."

He eyed me in a serious manner.

"Finish this mission first. Let's talk about your retirement after that. Dismissed."

"I want to quit." Hindi pa rin ako nagpapatalo.

He just smirked.

"You know that's not possible. Unless, this mission becomes a success. Maybe then, you can convince the emperor to finally let you go. Now, go."

"Go where?"

"Prepare to be a royal's nanny, of course."

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko.

Is he seriously making fun of me? Hah!

Hindi naman sya tumatawa. Ngumingiti lang yata ito kapag nasa harap ng prinsesa niya. Psh!

Laglag ang balikat na umalis ako matapos pormal na magpaalam sa commander.

That hateful emperor.
Sinasamantala talaga ng matandang iyon ang koneksiyon namin. He's actually my late mother's cousin. So that makes me partly royal. How hateful.

'If this is where the monarchy is headed, count me out. Out of duty. Out of Marveille. I wouldn't hang about!'

I want to retire! Empires be damned. I'm out.

~🥀~

*To be continued*