Prince's Knight 4

A Hot Guy Mistook Me For a "Dude"

I was certain that I've been missing something. There's definitely something off with this man. Or it's just me who forgets one tiny detail.

Naglalakad ako habang ginigiya si Erebus. Nakasakay naman sa likod nito ang prinsipe at kandong ang batang kasama niya.

Who's this cute kid? Hindi naman kasama sa impormasyong natanggap ko na may anak na ang babantayan ko. I actually just took a quick look at the profile without bothering to glance at the photos attached.

Mukhang nasa sampu hanggang labingtatlong taong gulang ang batang ito. Hindi ko masyadong makita ang hitsura dahil sa hood na nakasaklob sa ulo nito at tumatakip sa kalahati ng mukha kaya hindi ako sigurado.

"How many guards were with you, your grace?"

"We planned to enter Marveille secretly so we only brought twenty knights with us. I was certain that there's a spy seeing that we were ambushed at the entrance as if the assassins are already waiting."

"Absolutely. Pardon me for being late. I swore an oath that's why you can rest assured that I'll protect you with my life as long as you're in Marveille."

"Thanks, dude. That dagger skill's awesome back there. No wonder you're the only one the palace sent. It was shocking for me but you really are cool."

Deym. I was just praised by a freaking royal. But wait. Did he just call me... dude?

Sinulyapan ko ang sarili ko. Kahit ako ay kumbinsidong mukha nga akong lalaki. I'm nowhere near feminine.

Hindi na ako nag-abala pang itama siya dahil sanay na ako. I'm in a good mood to even give a damn about my misinterpreted gender right now.

"Siguro kahit gaano kayo kaperpekto, may kahinaan din kayo. Akalain mong napagkamalan mo akong dude? Tsk. However, I won't take it against you, your highness."

I grinned cheekily. Kumunot naman ang noo nito ngunit hindi na nagkomento pa.

I'll also ignore the fact that contrary to the rumors about you being a bachelor, you're actually a single dad.

I secretly observed the man from the corner of my eye. How old is he again according to the file? Was it twenty-seven or twenty-one? Anyway, it's probably the former. He looked a bit older though. So he had this kid when he's barely fifteen?

Whoa. A father at a young age. Another normal thing for royals.

What a surprise considering his phobia. Or maybe this is his brother? He's the only heir according to his file though.

What's up with this royal that makes me use more brain cells than usual?

Okay, my bad. I should really learn how to have patience in reading details no matter how trivial they appear to me.

"In case we encounter another ambush on the way, may I ask if you can fight, your grace?"

"Ahm, I wasn't really born to fight and I am just a..."

"I understand, your  grace. No need to explain."

Judging by his clothes and the way he moves and talks gracefully, he's someone who's not used with doing strenuous activities much less lifting a finger.

Ano pa ba ang aasahan ko? Ni hindi nga yata ito marunong humawak ng espada.

Royals and their so-called etiquettes.

Good thing I prepared a carriage. Inilipat niya ang natutulog na bata sa loob ng karwahe pati na ang dala dala niyang tila kahon na nababalot ng itim na tela.

This carriage is operated by mana so we don't need a coachman. In addition, Erebus is a smart horse. He knows the way.

Well, it's good. Though I'm sure that we were not followed, it's best to stay undercover. Riding a horse looking like this would just rouse suspicions.

Mas mabuti nang maglie-low muna lalo na at masyadong agaw-pansin ang kasama ko.

"By the way, dude. Where are you taking us?"

"I'm not a dude. But as I've said earlier, I won't take it against you. For my retirement, I'll endure. Nakakadalawa ka na, ah. Buti at hindi ka magulong kausap kahit napagkakamalan mo akong dude. Phew!"

Nalilitong tiningnan naman ako nito. Hindi yata naintindihan kung ano ang sinabi ko. I thought he's multilingual.

I ignored his gaze. I'm too lazy to care. Sensing that I have no intention to explain, he chose to stay quiet.

That's one thing I like about him. I mean, the kind of like that I can tolerate him. He's quick at sensing whether I want to talk or not and it's as if he knows that I hate explaining myself. May maharlika bang ganito ka-observant at ka-considerate?

You know, royals are usually self-centered and hates being ignored. It's the first time that a royal actually did not mind that I don't treat him accordingly.

I wasn't normally rude. It's just that I felt comfortable enough to even consider formalities.

Nakarating kami sa isang maliit na bayan sa dulo ng kagubatan. Nang makahanap ng matutuluyan, pinatigil ko ang karwahe at inalalayan ang prinsipe sa pagbaba. Tila kayamanan ang turing niya sa karga-kargang bata at ayaw bitawan kaya naman nahirapan siya sa pagbaba. Hindi ko nalang iyon pinansin.

I gave them the cloaks I got from the carriage. When we were all covered, I instructed the man to act like a normal merchant who happened to need a place to sleep. I'm glad that he follows instructions very well.

After paying for the stable boy to take care of Erebus and the carriage, we entered the inn. Slamming a pouch of gold coins in front of the receptionist, we were given accommodation without further questions. Finally, I can get rid of the stench that's been stirring my senses since earlier.

"Dude, I get it that we need to share this cramped space but is this really a room? It looks like an attic to me."

Muntik na akong maparolyo ng mga mata nang maalalang may maharlika nga pala akong kasama.

"We're disguising as normal travellers, your grace. Pardon me but I cannot offer you the kind of comfort that you're used to. Don't worry, you can have the bed for yourselves."

"Then, where will you be sleeping, dude?"

"I don't sleep, your grace."

"What? But you need to sleep!"

"I'll be on guard all throughout the night, your grace. Don't worry about me. This is how we were trained. I've had gone through worse."

Hindi ko na ipinaliwanag pa na ilang linggo na akong hindi nakakatulog. The appearance of the crest is bothering me a lot that I cannot sleep a wink. I just continue regulating the flow of mana inside my body in order to keep moving despite the lack of sleep and rest.

I also chose not to sleep for a reason. I was afraid that the crest will show me my other half through a dream. I wasn't ready for that. Not yet.

Until I find a way on how to get rid of this mark, I'll have to stay awake and never succumb to darkness. Because in the dark, there is another me who thirsts for blood and death.

~🥀~

*To be continued*