Sharon and Steve

It had been a long drive when they arrived at the motel.

Sharon had been in the passenger seat because she wasn't confident driving the unfamiliar company car. She was now in need of a glass of wine, some food and to stretch her legs, which were sticky and sweaty from the hours of sitting in the stuffy car.

Sharon was a busty petite 5 ft 1, with blonde curly hair and curvy body squeezed tight into one of her trademark dresses. In her late 30's, she carried herself with the confidence that showed she knew how good the tight dresses made her look.

Her travelling companion Steve stood just under 6 feet and was lean

. Certainly not the rugged type, he had a strict personal care routine that included moisturiser, clean eating, a sharp & smart dress sense and a healthy obsession with the local gym.

The difference in height was the reason he'd taken to calling Sharon by his playful nickname of Tiny.

Both of them stretched and took a deep breath of fresh air before getting their luggage from the car and heading into the hotel.

It was dark when they entered the foyer, travel baggage rolling noisily along the tiled floor behind them. The late hour seemed to make the noise echo even louder.

The check In Desk attendant beamed at the two as they approached "Good evening, welcome to the travellers lodge, are you checking in?."

Steve spoke for them both "Yeah we have reservations under the company name of BIM industrial. Mr Spencer and Miss Potts".

The attendant typed away on the keyboard for a moment before chirping "ah yes here we are, double room for 2 nights with access to the complimentary breakfast service starting from 7am. You're in room 482"

Sharon forced a smile "Sorry?, did you say a double room?, that should be two separate rooms"

The attendant took a few moments to re-checked back into the monitor "No, it's confirmed as a double"

"Can you change it for two singles?" Steve asked

"We are all booked up I'm afraid, the TES tech show at the arena has all of the local hotels fully booked, sorry"

Sharon and Steve gave each other a concerned glance. They knew each other from work but not this well.

"I can try to find another hotel" Steve offered.

The way he rubbed his eyes and slumped on the reception desk betrayed the exhaustion he was feeling.

"Well come up to the room and we can do some searches on the WiFi, grab a bite and see where we can get you".

"Thanks tiny" Steve smiled "You're the best".

When they arrived at the room and opened the door Steve's urge to jump on the bed and relax took over and he launched himself face first into the thick duvet.

"Hey, that's mine" Sharon giggled taking off her coat and rummaging around her bag for the prepackaged sandwiches they bought at the last service station.

The two sat for a few minutes eating and browsing local hotel listings on their company issued iPads "Oh man I'm gonna give resources both barrels when we get back"

Sharon looked up from her screen "Any luck?" She huffed.

"Yeah 68 miles back the way we came and costing about the same as buying a house. My bank is going to love seeing my credit card statement this month."

Sharon fell back onto the bed "That's too far, you'll be driving straight back by the time you got there".

"What option do we have?, become bunk mates?"