People Are Mean

3rd Person Pov

As a group of four people sat gathered around their kitchen table most of them remained silent though as one noticed the time he decided to speak up. "Do you think he's done getting ready yet? If we don't leave soon then we'll all be late... Why don't you go check on him Katakuri?" The teen in question was texting on his phone though soon looked up but he started to shake his head.

"No, leave him be. He'll be down soon but we shouldn't rush him... Galette have you talked to him lately? He wouldn't even sit me at lunch yesterday and I know the other kids have been bullying him again. Something needs to be done about this... Kato is a sensitive boy and the next person that talks shit about him will be dealing with me"

"Becoming violent will not solve the problem Katakuri. Even if you take out one of his bullies ten more will step up to take their place" The girl with the fuchsia locks might have been rather blunt though it was the truth and the rest of the family knew it as well since they each had their struggles with the schoolyard bullies.

"I'm ready! Sorry that I took so long we're not going to be late, are we?" As the others turned towards the boy that walked into the room, they each greeted him before standing from the table. "It's fine Kato let's go. Did you finish that History essay yet? I could use some help with mine if you're not too busy"

The boy's voice came across a bit muffled but that was due to the thick metal helmet that sat perfectly in place around his head. "Yeah, I finished it last week. What's your topic?" He might have sounded cheerful and happy though his siblings knew otherwise. A mask couldn't hide anything when someone knew you better than you know yourself.

"The fall of Dressrosa. I would go straight to the source but Doflamingo refuses to even talk to me and I even asked his girlfriend to sweet talk him for me. That man is a stubborn bastard!" As a picture of the King of the County of Passion formed in their heads it made some of them cringe but Kato quickly replied. "Hehehe. Why don't you ask Katakuri's girlfriend? From what I've heard she's best friends with that girl but if you still want my help Smoothie then I'm free after school"

"Hm, I'll ask Star first though maybe you can help me with my terrible sentence structure after?" When the boy nodded his head, Smoothie started to smile though the oldest of the five quickly started rushing them to the door since it was already half-past eight and class started in 15 minutes. "Geez, Katakuri don't push me! I can walk perfectly fine!"

"Sorry, Flampe but we need to go. Did you already put your lunch into your backpack?" Even though the girl looked young she was still a freshman attending the same high school as the others. "Yes, big brother!"

"Well let's go before Perospero finds out that we're still here" Even though the oldest member of the Charlotte Family was only a few years older than his siblings he was the guardian of the children. Though there was always this fear that their Mother would try and come back into their lives even after she had abandoned them. "Yes, Sir! Hehehe. Come on Kato you can sit with me. Are you going to the school dance at the end of the month?"

Kato's Pov

When Flampe brought up the dance I took a minute to respond though I couldn't help when the lie spilled from my lips. "I didn't really plan on going since it's a couple's dance. Are you going?" After we had left the house, I heard Katakuri locked up our home though I was a little distracted by the thoughts of a certain girl.

"Yes! I'm going as a ladybug and Luffy is going to be my date" Right this dance was supposed to have a masquerade theme. I had overlooked that small detail but I knew that asking her to be my date would only end in rejection plus why would the most popular girl in school go with someone like me? "Over my dead body! I told you to stay away from that brat!"