one - wasteland

[ trigger warning for self harm etc | also Hogwarts is more modern as this takes place in 2014 ]

I pulled the door closed behind me and turned the lock before setting my bag on the ground.

Turning around to face the toilet, I closed the lid and sat on it, feeling the flimsy plastic sink down with my weight, and grabbed my wand.

I had to do this quietly, and the idiot that I was, I had hidden what I needed in a noisy spot next to my bed, and couldn't possibly get it.

"Accio blade," I whispered, and moments later it was in my hand.

I had never used this one before. I was saving it for a special date. Today.

I rolled my sleeves up, holding the plastic encased blade. It had a knob to slide the blade up, and so I pushed it up the slightest bit so only the tip of the blade was visible, before sliding out the rest of it.

Just as I was about to use it, the lights flickered and went out.

"Fuck!" I swore under my breath, and placed the blade on my skirt before grabbing my wand and whispering "Lumos!" to it so I could see what I was doing.

It lit up the stall dimly, but not as well as the lights had.

Time was running out. I tore into my unmarked skin with more vigour than I had planned, but in the dim light it seemed like a scratch.

The bell rang, signalling the end of lunch. I pulled my sleeve back down, shoved the blade in my bag, and left, wand in hand.

- - - - -

Oops oops oops I'm so bad but I have been watching HP and ye