Chapter 2: Phantoms

Opening the box and examining it's inside content, Jake found a bright red rc car and a mini camera, small enough to be able to be strapped on the little car.

"Uggghhhh........" Jake couldn't think of any words to tell his mother that he wasn't really into the present.

"A remote-controlled car! You told me you've always wanted one," His mother said.

"Yeah, five years ago," Jake replied, and she just made an "oh..... Well then..."

"Will you just accept the gift and not complain about it, a brat like you should appreciate what your mother is at least trying to do," Jake's father stood up with an annoyed expression, "I be outside if you need me,"

And with that the man left, and as Jake's eyes followed him out his eyes went over the ghost that came back. Although they were much closer, and they were not afraid of inching towards Jake.

"Jake? Honey are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost," Jake's eyes crept over to where his mother sat with a worried expression on her face.

Not wanting to kept in the hospital for any longer than his injuries Jake reassured his mother that he was fine.

"Well, if you need me you can always call me. I'm sure the nurses will allow you to use the phone. I would stay if I could, but visiting hours are closed sweetie, good bye,"

The woman left the room and softly closes the door and Jake hesitantly laughed as he was honestly scared for being left alone in the room. His eyes scanned the room to find they're nowhere in the room, Jake gave a heavy sigh of relief and settled himself down to possibly sleep. His eyes slowly close as he hopes for morning to come.

"Heeeellllpppp usssss........" A voice whispered softly into Jake's ear and his eyes shot up and he quickly sat up and scanned the room. Nothing. Just a frightened nurse who was startled but the sudden eruption of movement.

-the next morning-

The birds chirped and sunlight lit up the room with a bright yellow-orange glow. Jake slowly opened his eyes due to the bright light annoying him.

Throughout the night Jake was taunted by disembodied voices. Saying things like "help me", "you're the only who'll free us", or "it hurt, everything hurts". And at one point there were slender but strong hands wrap around his throat and tried to suffocate Jake. Remembering this, the young boy went to felt his neck, nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

"Woah, that was strange," Jake mumbled. As he continued to feel his neck he felt a thin chain, one that resembled the one he found on the necklace in the cave. Following the line he felt a lump, though it was too far from his eyesight to see it without a mirror.

The chain was big enough to give him a bit of neck room, but small enough so he couldn't remove it if he tried.

Jake looks over and sees a tray with his breakfast sitting and faintly steaming. He reached over for the tray and sighed and hope the strange events would stop as soon as it started.

------------------------------------------------------
Done with Chapter 2! It's a bit longer and I hope you guys enjoyed it.

Next time, Chapter 3: Willow.

Bye~!