Chapter 4

Next day lunch hour...

Finally, they came out from their lecture halls after the sessions. When Wei Ying, Huang Qing and Lan Zhao arrived the others were already in the canteen. They have ordered food already.

Jin Zhou overjoyed once he saw Wei Ying. "Wei Ying you're here! Come, come." he wanted to give a hug. But before him,

"No! I was waiting for you!" Huang Shui jumped out of his seat and hugged Wei Ying like welcoming a long-lost bestie. Then he stuck out his tongue at Jin Zhou.

Wei Ying stumbled a bit. He was really surprised that he forgot to return the hug.

"You are squeezing him like a teddy. Let him breath, idiot!" Huang Qing pulled Huang Shui away from Wei Ying.

"So, what? He is soo cuddly and comfy, like a baby! I love to cuddle .... Let's cuddle more!" Huang Shui grinned again.

Lan Zhan was irritated by his words. He felt like smacking Huang Shui's head. But he composed himself. Hearing this Wei Ying got red. Jiang Cheng glared at Huang Shui.

"Don't embarrass him." Jin Zhou smacked on Huang Shui's head.

"Why did you hit mee... I'm telling you the truth." He rubbed his head.

"Serves you right." Lan Zhan said under his breath.

"Don't mind him, Wei Ying. He was like that since his birth. A crack head." Lan Zhao said.

"Yeah, he has gone crazy a long ago." Huang Ning confirmed. Huang Shui just tsked at them.

Wei Ying shyly nodded. Even though he felt a bit nervous he wanted to be himself with these people. "I... I.." he stuttered a bit.

"Don't be shy or feel uncomfortable. You can consider us as your friends here." Jiang Cheng smiled at Wei Ying and put a hand over his shoulder. It's very rare to have a new friend in their friend group.

"If you don't mind, then let's be friends. We already consider you as our friend." Lan Zhao said to him.

"Yes, let's be friends. We are not bad people." Huang Shui grinned. He said sincerely, though he loves to fool around most of the time. They all felt happy, being friends with Wei Ying.

Wei Ying was very happy. After all he was having his first friends. "I would love to be your friends. It's because you are good by your heart." His happiness is overflowing.

"You are a good person too. That's why we like you." Jin Zhou genuinely told him.

'What if they are pranking? Will they make fun of me in the end? They won't do that, right? Please, I just wanted to be your friend.' Wei Ying thought himself. He puffed his cheeks making his lips into a thin line. 'Even if you are making fun of me or kick me out later, I'll be your friend forever.' His eyes were red, filled with big fat tears which will find its way down any time soon. "This is the first time someone said that they want to be friends with me."

"Just be yourself with us. We really love to have you as one of us. I mean it. You know that." Lan Zhan said looking at his eyes directly, and squished his hand when he saw how emotional Wei Ying is now. He didn't know why he suddenly interfered. Because he wasn't a person who talks a lot. He only knew that he doesn't like to see Wei Ying's tears. 'I want to take you in my arms, give you a hug and comfort you. I don't know why I feel like this. Not even me, you won their hearts easily.' He thought.

"You know, we can have many people as our friends because of money and power. They are not true friends. But you are different. You are our friend because we want to. Not out of pity or something." Lan Zhao said again.