Chapter 1: Naming

Lucinda 's POV :

" Hannah, how's Victorique doing?" I ask a maid named Hannah  "She's still locking herself in her room, your majesty,  sometimes when I pass by her room I can hear her crying " She replied with a sad face.

"Oh, thank you for the information, Hannah "  I smiled a sad smile at her as I make my way to my daughter's room.

"Victorique, sweetheart, can i come in?"

I ask as I knock on her door  "Y-yes.. mo-mommy "

I heard her shaky voice reply from the other side of the door, I know she had been crying, she has locked up herself inside her room for a week.

It's all because of  my husband's death,  the king. But I can't let myself fall into a pit of despair,  I need to be strong, for Victorique. He died because of his food being poisoned. 

When I got inside, I saw her sitting on her bed, curled up into a ball, hugging a picture of her father. The sight broke my heart.  I approach her as I hug her tightly, afraid to let go.

"Darling,  please come out, do you think daddy will want to see you like this?" I ask her, loosening my hug around her, but she did't response, instead she just hug the picture tighter. I smiled sadly at her.

"Sweetie, you will have to be a good example for your little brother here,  right?" I said as I rub my stomach gently. Did I mention that I was nine months pregnant?

" Y-yes.." she finally response. "M-mommy..." she called me while sniffing a little  "Hmmm... what is it, sweetie? " I ask as I stroke her hair.

  "What's my brother's name going to  be?" She ask me with those curious big brown teary eyed. "Hmmm... Why don't you choose it? " I suggested

"R-really?  I c-can choose it? " she ask excitedly, I smiled brightly at her while stroking her flowing golden hair.

"Of course you can, he is your brother"

I replied to her excitement  "T-than how about.....  hmmm.... Oh I got it! H-how... about Victor? "  she said with a small smile  "It settled than, your brother's name will be Victor "

Hi there! Thanks to anyone that have read this story:D actually this is my very first story,  so please comment and tell me your opinion about it,  also  I'm very very sorry if it have any grammatical errors.  I'm dying of nervousness here....