Chapter 2

Please play the music up top to add to the mood and ambience of the story. Thank you !

Everly sighed, "My, what are you doing here? It's almost midnight!"

Skylar laughed, "I came to see you, of course."

His eyes shone, and his laugh was crisp. It all made Everly blush.

"Well, why, why would you come to see me? Not to mention at an hour as this." Everly scolded, but she wasn't quite sure why she was scolding him.

Skylar chuckled, "Everly, can't I just want to visit you without you worrying about me? It's adorable, by the way." He slipped into her bedroom.

Everly stepped back, and laughed nervously, "Oh, uh, why of course." 

She was still flushing.

Skylar sat on her bed and did a little bird coo. Willoughby did not look pleased, he glared at Skylar for waking him from his slumber.

Everly nervously sat next to Skylar, putting on her glasses.

"Why are you acting so nervous? It's not like I'm a stranger." Skylar asked, tilting his head.

He was right, they had been friends since their first year of Hogwarts. And now they're sixteen.

"Oh, sorry." Everly said quietly, even though there was nothing to be sorry for.

"Why are you apologizing? You did nothing wrong. In fact, you're only doing good things." Skylar told her.

Everly ever so slightly turned her head, "And what would those good things be?"

"Well, you're making me happy just by just being available. I was afraid that you would be doing homework or reading, and if you were, by the way, I wouldn't want to disturb you." Skylar smiled at her.

Everly had to smile back, "That's very thoughtful of you."

Skylar stood up and examined the room, making Everly wince.

"I say, you have lots of books." He laughed.

Everly blushed, "Well, it's uh, my hobby. Reading, that is."

"I wish I liked reading. But it just bores me. I'd rather knit." He sat back beside her.

"Oh, speaking of which, I have something for you." Everly went to her desk, shoved aside a pile of pens, books, and papers, and found a poorly made green sweater with an 'S' on the front.

"I know, it's not very good, but I wanted to try." She handed it to him.

"This is so good! My first sweater was absolutely wretched, I can't believe a beginner was able to do cable knitting!" Skylar praised, examining the stitches.

"Yes, I read about it. Although, the book tutorial was absolutely rubbish." Everly laughed a bit.

"Never use those, you need a pro like me to teach you." He said proudly.

"Oh, so now you're a professional?" She said, grinning at him.

"Yes I am, I mean, you've seen my work!" Skylar stood up defensively.

Everly laughed and stood up, "You got me there!"

They were now close.

Very close.

They awkwardly stood back.

"Oh, and I have something for you too." Skylar said.