Prologue

I am Christian Lahey. And, here's my story.

When I was on my sophomore year of high school, I met Alyssa Whitemore. She's the best person anyone could ever know. I am well-pleased that I knew her in my early stage of life. But, everything changed.

After being able to meet her, I got to know her more. We spent our first two years being friends. The third year? Well, let's just say that I started to realize that I want her to be more than a friend. I started to form my love for her. I was falling for her. That was also the year that I told her about what I felt.

"Alyssa, you're the most beautiful person that I've ever met, inside and out." I said.

"You're really funny Christ..." She was laughing.

"Wait, let me finish." Interrupting her. "So, I want you to be part of my life." I continued.

"Will you be my girl, my one and only girl?" finishing my words with a smile.

She was staring blankly at me, like she's still devouring the words that came out of my mouth. Then, she closed her eyes and said, "Christian, I've been looking forward to hear you say those words. Yes, I can be your girl."

For a moment, it felt like my entire universe forgot to move. Is it really what I heard it to be? Am I really one with the person I love? For once in my life, destiny approves of what I feel. Alyssa is my girl.

* * *

Our relationship lasted for three years, until I decide to ask for her hands in marriage.

I asked her best friend, Katrina Summers, to help me with the proposal. We've agreed that we'll be doing the proposal on Katrina's 21st Birthday.

Katrina called Alyssa, inviting her to the party.

"Alyssa! Where have you been? I've been trying to reach you!" Katrina said.

"Oh, Kat. Sorry, I was buying a gift for Christian, it's our 3rd anniversary," she replied.

"Aww that's cute! Anyway, I am having a small birthday party. I need you there, okay?" Kat demanded.

"It's your party! I'll definitely be there!" confirms Alyssa.

Katrina was giving me a thumbs up.