Found In the Future

"Ivoree, Lyli and Wyvern are here," calls my dad.

"Coming, hold on one second," I call back, putting my sunset orange imp, Raine, into his cage and locking it up, before readjusting my wrinkled dress, and running down the 3 flights of stairs to the first floor, where my unbiological cousins were waiting for me.

"Keefe, come say hi to our guests before they go, at least. The butter blasts can wait," My mom calls.

"Can they, though? Never mind, coming, Foster," he replies.

"You do realize you're a Foster, too, right?" I reply.

"Yeah, but you know, the nicknames stick for life, with me, little fos-boss,"

"Stop with the nicknames, and please tell me you aren't going to write another ballad."

"Hey, my ballads are legendary, just ask wonderful lady Romhilda,"

"I can hear you, you know," says a voice melting out of the shadows.

"Auntie Ro! Make him stop, please!"

"I'll never stop," my dad calls, pulling my mom and I into an embrace. "And hello, guests."

"Hello, Fosters," Aunt Linh and Uncle Dex say in unison.

I run over to them and crush them in a hug. "I haven't seen you guys in so long! Where have you guys been?"

"We've been visiting some family, We missed you, too, Ivee," says uncle Dex,

"Not you too, I hate nicknames!"

"Hey Ivee Gracieeee," taunt my cousins. I groan in frustration and stomp away to hide behind a laughing Aunt Linh. "You're the nice one, you don't call me names," I tell her.

"How about I call you Ivoree Grace, instead. Technically it's not a nickname."

I groan again and rush up the stairs, the cousins following behind me, but I'm faster and I have more hiding spots, so I run up to the 17th floor library and hide behind a bookshelf that no one would think to look behind. I hear Lyli walk in, out of breath, but she comes nowhere near the dusty bookcase of scrolls I'm behind.

————————————————————————————————————————————————— ,

I was called back downstairs because apparently my best friend Nessa came over, so I rushed down to see her. When I walked into the bottom floor living room they're were a LOT of people, including someone I'd never met, who was in the middle of everyone ctelling some story. Not wanting to interrupt anything, I snuck over to Nessa and sit next to her , listening to the story that's happening. I zone out for most of it because I got no sleep last night. I refocus when the boy, Oliver needs to find out where he will stay. I instantly volunteer, and then turn beet red once I realize. My parents glare at me and I just stare at my feet until he goes home with Nessa, which I'm kind of jealous of, but then take to playing with the Dizznees to distract myself. From the bit I actually had heard, I knew Oliver was alone in the Lost Cities but I wasn't sure why. I also knew that he kept staring at my dad like he was some sort of puzzle he was trying to solve.