03: Asking you out or not?

"are we seriously going to buy a dress right now?" "well duh, yeah of course, prom is just next week." you sighed. you were certain that you didn't want to come to the homecoming because you know that you'd just embarrass yourself without no reason.

"so i'm going to wear a dress?" "yeah, haven't you worn one?" "w-well yeah i did, back in sixth grade, i literally looked like a burrito." mikasa laughed as if she was at tears, you slapped her arm making her laugh more.

"i didn't want to remove the coat okay? i didn't wanna show some neck or shoulder, ugh." you pretended to barf.

"i quit, i won't wear a dress." "oh yes you will, i'll also be wearing a dress." you internally groaned inside. you hoped that you'd get this over with without looking like a typical burrito. "fine, just this once." mikasa squealed while she held your hand going inside the store.

"here, wear these." mikasa handed you two dresses and went inside at the fitting room to fit the dresses. you hanged the other one at the clothing rack while you wear fitting the black spaghetti strap and silky dress that was just right above the knee.

as you finished wearing it, you took a look at the mirror while you held both of your shoulders. then you felt to be flustered as you thought what if you wore this and that armin saw you wearing it.

"no!" you shook your head as you took the other dress and wore it. it took you a minute to wear it because of the zipper that was at the back, taking a look at the mirror, you knew that you wore a light blue cocktail dress that was also above the knee, it didn't have any sleeves on but the dress covered both of your shoulders and collarbone making you sigh in satisfaction. you opened the curtain, revealing mikasa sitting on the couch while she was waiting for you.

she had an astonishing expression on her face, she stood up looking at you up and down while she clapped in excitement. "this is perfect!" "it does." "why didn't you wear the other one?" she asked. "i didn't want to. i looked like i was wearing a one piece!" you abruptly said as she chortled.

"so is that what your going to wear?" you nodded slowly to her response as she smiled. "okay! i'm next." you got back inside of the fitting room to wear your regular clothes and pay for the cocktail dress that you wore, you sat on the couch while you waited for mikasa that was at the fitting room right now.

minutes later you saw her come outside, wearing a red v-line sheath dress with some sleeves on. "you look drop dead gorgeous, some black heels would also suit at that dress." she replied with a 'mhm' you both smiled as she went back to change.

you never knew shopping for dresses was a bit fun. it was kinda like dress up when you were a kid. while you both paid for the dresses you stomach suddenly rumbled. "well someone's hungry." "same, let's go eat there!" she pointed out at the fast food restaurant that was newly opened. "sure why not." you shrugged your arms while you both went there.

coming inside, some random food caught your eye making you more hungry. "can you order me that burger with fries also add some drinks?" "yeah sure." "here's my money, i'll go find a table." she took your bag and your dress that was also in a shopping bag.

you were still looking at the menu as you looked back to the person who was facing his back at you. you waited for a second until he turned around and you looked back at the menu that was on the wall near the ceiling. "can i have two orders of burgers with fries?" you looked at the person as he also simultaneously looked at you making your eyes widened in surprise.

"o-oh." "oh hi y/n." he smiled. "damn it, he smiled." you cussed under your breath, you didn't know he had a part-time job and he also works here. you felt that your palms started to get sweaty as your heart decided to beat at a fast speed. "h-hi, i didn't knew you w-work here." you nervously chuckled while you stuttered.

"oh." he chortled. "so, two burgers with fries?" he looked back at the monitor as he pressed it. "is that all?" you didn't notice that you were staring at him, his hair was in a man bun and it made you want to fly on outer space. then you snapped out of reality. "y-yeah!" you surprisingly said. "y-yes." "okay then." then you remembered mikasa told you to order two drinks too. "u-uh, can you add two drinks?" "water or soda?" "s-soda will do." you couldn't stop stuttering because our of all people who works in this restaurant, why does he have to work here in the first place?

"t-thanks." "alright, just wait for about ten minutes." he smiled making you nod as you went back to mikasa. you had a straight red face while you sat down. "are you okay? this is like the second time that you look like you're about to take a shit." "n-no! i'm not! we're not going to eat here anymore!" you whispered loudly.

"why not?" you hid your head that was blushing red with your arms as you raised your head. "it's because he's here." you laid your head back on to the table as she tried to look for armin. "i embarrassed myself." you muttered. "that's fine." you raised your head again replying with, "why can't i be like you? you're like to brave for being stalking eren everywhere!" "hey, i don't stalk." she huffed. "yeah yeah whatever you say." you rested your chin on to your palm as you waited for the food.

as minutes had gone by you saw him going right to your table with your food on the tray in his hands. he placed the food on the table as mikasa greeted him. "hi armin." "i didn't know you were also here." "we were just paying a visit." she lightly smiled as she was putting her phone down. "n-no we're not-" you got cut off by mikasa as she continued. "yes we are. say, armin, do you have a date for the prom dance?" she asked while you were sitting on the chair, hands sweaty and so as your feet. you really wanted to run away and never come back.

"no i still haven't asked anyone out yet but i do have one in mind." "really? i'm curious, can you tell?" "er-" he scratched his name while he nervously chuckled.

you thought to yourself who he had in mind right now, you hoped that it was you and nobody else. wait, no, what if it's annie? you just internally groaned.

"i- uh i don't know if she'll accept it though, and oh, y/n, can we meet later? near the arcade? my shift is going to end in twenty minutes." you tightly grabbed your skirt as your heart was beating fastly and you decided to reply back. "y-yeah sure." you said, letting out a nervous chortle. "ah, i see, well we'll be eating now, see you at school tomorrow!" mikasa said. "alright, see you guys." they bid their goodbyes as you were just staring at mikasa like what the actual hell just happened.

"oooh." she wiggled her brows as she began to eat her food. no way in the world that conversation just happened.