1 | attraction

THE DUAL-EYED BOY TOOK IN A DEEP BREATH,

blue and gray orbs quickly scanning the materials laying on his table before nodding his head

he was currently sitting at his school desk, a book and pencil laid out in front of him in the empty classroom- the fact that everyone had gone to eat lunch in the cafeteria worked to his advantage. plus, he would be needing these items to accomplish his mission.

as he tried to calm his nerves down, todoroki reminded himself why he was even doing this in the first place and how he got to this exact moment.

"but todoroki," uraraka asked, "are you sure you're still in love with y/n?"

"h-huh? what do you mean?" he questioned, puzzled.

todoroki had just retold his entire love story to his classmates in exchange for their help and advice, but he hadn't been expecting this question.

"well," uraraka began, "from what i can tell it seems like it's been so long since your crush started, so how can you know if these feelings are romantic or platonic?"

todoroki felt his eyebrows furrow, but he didn't have it in his heart to correct uraraka since he felt as though her words held some truth to them.

it had been years since todoroki admitted to himself that he loved you, so since then he never gave his crush a second thought.

however, now that uraraka had brought it up, a sliver of doubt started slithering within his mind. after all, it would be embarrassing to confess, only to then realise he didn't truly love you.

"i-i mean, i guess it would be better if i double-checked..?" he murmured, a concentrated expression plastered all over his face.

"u-uraraka isn't doubting your love for y/n or anything!" midoriya frantically stuttered, worried that uraraka's words may have unintentionally hurt their friend.

mina nodded, "yeah, we just don't want you or y/n to get hurt!"

todoroki could see where his friends were coming from, but he wasn't sure whether he wanted to check their doubts or not. he had believed in his crush on you for so long- what would happen to him if it turned out to all be a fabrication, a lie he created in order to comfort himself?

"i.." he trailed off, unsure as kirishima clasped his shoulder.

"hey man, don't worry! why don't you just ask that website thing for help?" he recommended.

"yeah!" kaminari agreed, "just search up, uh- 'how to recognize you have a crush on someone' or something like that!"

todoroki tilted his head, "will that work?"

"of course, dude! just trust us!"

so, that's exactly what todoroki did.

after searching up the question on the website, an article with the same exact name immediately appeared right in front of his eyes.

his classmates and this cupidon were truly love geniuses.

to his question, the article had provided three major steps in how to determine if you had a crush on someone, each step respectively having their own individual detailed explanation.

so here he was, starting off his journey with this first step- defining a crush.

"ok shoto," he murmured to himself, "you got this, it'll be easy.."

he pulled out his phone, now ready as he proceeded in reading the article's advice.

KNOW..
what a crush is!

the urban dictionary defines a crush as, "a burning desire to be with someone who you find very attractive and extremely special." crushes make you feel crazy emotions- like feeling shy and uncontrollably giddy at the same time! 

you can't always choose who you have a crush on, but you can choose how you react once you figure out that you have a crush on someone.

"a burning.. desire.." todoroki spoke aloud, writing it down onto his notebook until he had a checklist.

SIGNS THAT I HAVE A CRUSH!
☐  a burning desire
☐  attractive n special
☐  crazy emotions all at once
☐  all of the above

he thought back to all the big and small moments he had with you, applying each bullet point to a moment in his memories.

those times where you'd kindly speak to him with that cheery voice, even though everyone else in class was afraid of approaching is seemingly stoic exterior.

that split second where your smile lighted up the entire room, so bright that it blinded him with a overwhelming sense of warmth as his heart started to beat a thousand times faster.

the tiniest actions where you'd gently tuck a loose strand of hair behind your hair, the daylight from the window shining down on you and giving your skin a golden glow that he just couldn't look away from-

-yeah, ok he had his answer to this one.

SIGNS THAT I HAVE A CRUSH!
☐  a burning desire
☐  attractive n special
☐  crazy emotions all at once
  all of the above

SIGNS THAT I HAVE A CRUSH!☐  a burning desire☐   attractive n special☐  crazy emotions all at once☒  all of the above

NOTES!
hey hey hey!! first chap is out!

ik this chap is v short compared to my other stories, but the whole concept of this book is for me to publish smaller chaps and write whenever i feel like it! so if u don't like shorter chaps, mb this book isn't for u- i hope u enjoyed this, stay tuned for more!

pls wait for the next chapter, ily muah <3