Chapter 5

The car ride back home was a quiet one. After Veronica invited Jughead over he casually asked her asked if anything was troubling her , but she shook her head no and looked outside the window.

She then said that she signed her divorce papers to Chad and even though she was happy about it she felt like a failure. " I could not even get my marriage to work she said" "maybe I should have worked harder"

Jughead didn't know what to say " Veronica you are one of the strongest girls I knew even back in high school even though I didn't like you much back then I found you incredibly strong even more so than Betty" " you will come out of this ! And this time I will be there for you.. " I don't hate you much now" Hahaa he added!

She looked at him and smiled .. he couldn't resist but take her hand and keep entwine it with his while they drove back to her apartment.

back in her apartment Jughead was engrossed in her book collection while sipping his wine he noticed something. All his books which were published so far kept neatly in front.

" you read my books?" He asked!

Veronica looked back "ofcourse I did" I was so proud of you and they were such amazing novels. I have read them more than once"

He flushed at her response and gulped down his wine.. " this girl constantly surprises me. He thought.

While she was cleaning up after dinner he noticed a long scar at d back of her shoulder through her tank top..

" What's that on your shoulder" he asked

It's nothing she replied rushing off and puting a cardigan to cover it.

" that doesn't look like nothing that looks like someone beat you."
She looked back with tears in her eyes and nodded"

Omg Veronica what happened??

She sat on the couch and broke down. She told him how chad abused her for working late and meeting people "beat her cause she didn't want kids at the time and so on..
She just kept crying and crying all Jughead could do was put his arms around her and hold her tight.

After she calmed down he suggested they watch a classic light comedy. And that's what they did..

Eventually he noticed she had fallen asleep so he decided to leave..

As he left all he could think of when he would see Veronica Lodge again.