10

author perspective

yohan couldn't even say anything, he stood there in shock and then he breathed in and out.

he looked at jaemin and looked back at jeno.

"i love you so much jaemin."

he smiled and then held out his arms, waiting to be shot, mark and haechan could only watch. mark decided to quickly call the police and after he did he hoped for the best.

as yohan waited, he heard a scream and he opened his eyes in surprise.

jaemin perspective

i screamed and tried to stop jeno but it was no use, he pushed me away.

"jaemin-ah, remember i love you."

"n-no you don't- i- i just want to go home."

i cried, but jeno paid no attention and i quickly ran to the kitchen after jeno let go of the leash. i grabbed a knife and ran towards jeno, stabbing him and taking it out.

i was shaking and then i looked at them, jeno was looking at his hand covered in blood and then looked at me.

he laughed again and i was just so scared.

"nana, i did everything for you, yet this is how you repay me. we love each other."

jeno stood up, he walked towards me and i could only stare, and he grabbed the knife with his hand. he grabbed it hard that he was bleeding.

"you never loved me, yet you always came back. you came back even when you were with him, even when renjun told you to stop. you came back even if your trauma was telling you no but your heart was telling you yes."

i didn't say anything and he continued.

"don't you understand, we were meant to be-"

but he couldn't even finish, he fell onto his knees. he continued to lose blood, i ran towards yohan and i hugged him, i cried into his arms. walking towards the car, the police finally came but jeno had got up once again and fired the gun.

i pushed yohan away and the bullet struck me.

haechan screamed and ran towards me, hugging me and telling me it'll be okay.

the ambulance was called and haechan hugged my body, whispering gentle things into my ear.

"hold on a little longer, please, nana."

yohan held my hand and mark could only stare, as they checked on jeno and walked towards us. they questioned yohan and the ambulance finally came.

haechan went in and so did yohan, mark stayed behind to be interrogated more.

"nana, remember that one time when we were at the ice ring and it was my first time, and i accidentally grabbed you when i was falling and we both fell."

haechan let out a dejected laugh, yet he continued to tell small stories all the way to the hospital. he stopped telling them when he couldn't enter and he stared at the doors, waiting for me.

haechan perspective

i looked at the doors and then i was being pulled away but i refused. i didn't want to leave the doors, i wanted to wait there until i knew he was okay. the more they kept pulling me away from him the more i resisted.

"please, stop! leave me alone! i can't leave him, not again!"

i fell to my knees and put my hands against my face, i cried and screamed, my tears hitting the floor. yohan could only watch as i continued because he felt the same.

yohan got down next to him and lifted haechans face.

"i know it hurts, and it hurts me too, but let's let the doctors do what they can, okay? all we can do is hope and wait for the best."

i nodded and we stood up, i sat in the waiting room and stared at nothing. i just wanted my nana back, the love of my life, my bestfriend, my baby, my favorite, my na jaemin, i want to see his smile again, i want to see him say my name and annoy me, i want him to tackle me into hugs, i want him to tell me about the stupid joke he found funny for 10 minutes, i want him to make me dance, i want him to take me to the rooftop so we could drink hot chocolate while we tell stories and watch the stars.

i want na jaemin back.

that's all i want.

please.