Chapter 12: So close

"Okay team! Tonight is the night of my party!" Tony exclaimed at breakfast. You had almost forgotten about that party. You were silently chewing on your eggs and toast when Wanda and Loki sat down next to you. Practically making you a sandwich they flashed each other mischievous grins.

"What are you two up to?" You asked once you swallowed your food.

"Nothing, darling." Loki replied before stealing a piece of your food. Wanda chuckled and gave you a piece of hers to replace it.

"I know somethings up when you call me that." You tease before clearing your plate. He watched your figure as you interacted with the rest of the Avengers.

You ran upstairs to change so you could go out. You wanted to get some new clothes. You hadn't really needed nice clothes until you moved to the tower and you also hadn't had the time. You changed into leggings and a hoodie and emerged from your room. Wanda and Loki were standing at the end of the hall.

"We're coming with." Wanda demanded before dragging you down to the garage.

"Why don't we walk?" You suggested to Wanda who was handing you car keys. She shrugged and stuffed them into her pocket. Wanda followed you closely while Loki walked besides you. He joked about the rest of the Avengers and followed your lead. You showed him all of your favorite spots in the city, a little coffee shop, a book store and the bar where you previously worked. You turned around to show Wanda something but she was gone. You started to panic and looked around the crowded streets to spot her.

"Relax, darling. She left on purpose." Loki assured you, he placed his hands on your shoulders. You turned around to face him.

"What do you mean she left on purpose?" You inquired. He sighed before replying.

"She wants me to ask you to be my date to Starks party." He chuckled. He expected a 'no' in response.

"Oh ok." You replied and continued to walk down the sidewalk, looking for the perfect place to buy new clothes. Loki froze and watched you stroll down the street. When you realized he wasn't next to you, you turned around to face him.

"You coming, Horns?" He nodded and hurried to catch up with you.

*

Knock Knock. You and Loki were in your room. You showed him each piece that you picked out earlier. Even though he watched you purchase the items he listened and watched you show off your new items. Wanda came in with confirmation and excitedly headed over to your candy stash.

"We had fun without you today." You teased. She chuckled and started going through your bags to see what you bought.

"Did you get a note from Lilly yet?" Loki asked casually. Wanda's ears perked up. She didn't know what he was up to.

"I haven't found it yet. She likes to hide them in odd places." You chuckled. He smiled at his own work. Wanda let out a sigh of relief before helping you put your new clothes away.

*

"Okay, Loki get out, we need to get ready." Wanda pushed Loki out of your room while you grabbed a dress from your closet. Wanda conjured one up for herself and you began to get ready for one of Tony's infamous parties.

"This is so super uncomfortable." You groaned while adjusting the dress. It was your f/c with a sweetheart neckline and slit in the front. Wanda rolled her eyes and started to curl her hair. You stepped into the bathroom and examined your face. You didn't need makeup but it was still fun so you applied eyeliner and mascara to bring out your eyes.

Wanda rushed around the room looking for her purse while you calmly stuffed your phone into your bag. Once she was sure she had all her belongings you both emerged from your room.

*

The party was loud. You almost regretted showing up but, Loki was there to comfort you. He sat next to you at the bar while you drank to ease your nerves.

"You might want to slow down, darling." He suggested. You were now on your sixth drink.

"Aw, are you worried?" You teased him.

"Yeah, I am." He pulled the drink from your lips and placed on surface in front of them. He pulled you away from the party and into the hallway so his headache could go down.

"What?" You asked him.

"I wanted to talk to you." He replied brushing hair out of your face.

"We could've talked inside weirdo." You slurred. He summoned a bottle of water and handed it to you. You sipped it slowly and slid down the wall so you could sit on the cold floor. Loki joined you and sat in front of you.

"Theres something I need to tell you." He started. You took one more sip of your water before giving him your full attention.

"What is it, love?" You slurred. He was caught of guard by this new nickname.

"Well its about Lilly~" He was cut off by a loud crashing noise coming from the party. You stood up quickly and dragged him to the source of the sound. You pushed open the doors the reveal a very drunk Tony trying the lift Thor's hammer. Every time he failed he summoned a new part of his Ironman suit. You laughed and went to sit by Wanda who was watching the scene in amusement. She wrapped her arm around you and handed you a new bottle of water, recognizing the condition you were in. Loki sat next you and sighed. When you fell asleep, Loki carried you gently upstairs to your room and gave you a kiss on the forehead before leaving you alone.