I Am Playing For Keeps

Katsuki Bakugou 

 I hate that it seems you were never enough

We were close, and in a way I blame quirks for the ever present gulf between us.

Pride

Forever being praised and adored and the thought of quirkless people being discarded members of society for heroes to protect.

We were broken and bleeding but never gave up

Despite how grossly I treated you, you always tried, you never gave up on me.

And I hate that I made you the enemy

I didn't pay any attention to how my words, my actions slowly played a part in your fall, all that pressure, putting you down day in day out.

"You know, there is one way you could get a Quirk," I laughed "Yeah! You could take a swan dive off of a roof top" - Those words made me sick to my stomach, what if you actually did do that?!

And I hate that your heart was the casualty

Deku, I pushed you away every time I needed help, but you were still there.

Now, I hate that I need you

And now you're not here, I somehow need you the most. I pushed you over the edge, I pushed you to believe that Hero's are nothing but overly prideful people who only care about material gain.

I don't think I can take it.

As we rest here alone like notes on a page
The finest to compose could not play our pain

Since you turned to the League of Villains, I have tried my hardest to get through to you, to the point we would meet up in secret, a secluded place, an opening under the stars, we would talk about our days before I got my quirk.

That is a day I desperately wish I could go back to.

And I hear you now when you said it hurt

"You know, Kaachan?" you sighed, we lay top and tail, with our heads next to each other. It took a long time to get this close to you "I never imagined for it to hurt this much," I heard your voice waver, my heart sank, each night we meet up like this - I would shut my damn trap for once and let you speak. It has taken me months to get this far with you, no one knows where you are, no one knows our meetings. For once, I have gained your trust but that came at a price.

The price of hearing your pain

Is it too late to plead insanity?

"Izuku~" I whispered, turning my head ever so slightly, for once in my life I was scared, I have come to know you, know what your dreams were what your hopes were and how I destroyed them all slowly.

My eyes found yours

"I~" as I saw the look in your eyes - I froze, your beautiful emerald eyes. My right hand raised up slowly, gliding through the soft cold grass, I touched your head, I took a sharp breath caressing your hair.

And I hate that I made you the enemy
And I hate that your heart was the casualty
Now, I hate that I need you

"Please ~" my voice cracked, though you could still guess what I uttered.

Suddenly, taking a deep breath, I crawled up slightly so my head would be closer into your neck, turning on my side my left hand joined in caressing your head, closing my eyes I dared not to look, this is the closest I have dared to get to you in months.

I felt a hand on my head

"I miss you -" I caught myself saying. I missed the carefree greenette that smiled everyday, that never gave in -

"Why," I caught you whispering, my eyes widening

'Shit, what have I done'

"Please don't leave yet," I pleaded as I felt you shift, I gripped onto your hair "I'm not ready I-"

"Shh~" my breath hitched as you hushed me, I felt your hand graze my cheek "Loosen my hair~" your voice soothed, reluctantly I comply.

I would be lying if I said my heart didn't leap out of my chest, as you get up, though you turn around and lay parallel to me. I moved my hands so they grip your shirt lightly.

If I hold onto you, you can't leave...

Right?

"Where ~" you started, I kept my mouth shut, I jumped lightly when you placed your hand on the side of my head, lightly leaning on my temple, playing with my hair, you breathed in "were you for the past 11 years ~" your voice broke at the end, eyes welling up, my eyes widened and panic spread through me

'No- no, no, no'

My hands swiftly went around you as I pulled you in.

"All I needed was this!" you sobbed

"I am an awful person, especially to you" I said quickly my eyes closed shut "I am a pathetic excuse of a Hero! How can I expect to be #1 if I treated you of all people like tra-" I was cut off, my body jumped as my arms moved away, my eyes widened to see something I thought I would never see...

You, kissing me.

Tingling nerves spread through my lower abdomen, fear washed through me

'what does this mean'

I tightened my embrace and I kissed you back. If one thing these past long months has taught me, I am stupid and I love you....

'I love you'

I could feel you try and pull away, I only allowed it with a few short quick kissed as we part for air, my embrace never faltered as I pull you in closer, our legs touch and your hands grip onto my shirt

"I would give anything," I breathed as I cradled your head "for just your forgiveness" I hear you breath in, deeply as if you were breathing in my soul as payment for the life of torture I gave you.