Nine ※

FYI! Maya is portrayed by Annette O'Toole! She played the older version of Beverly in the 1990 IT and Topangas mom in one of the episodes of boy meets world

Trigger warning! Mentions of rape and sexual assault!

***

Billy, Neil, Susan, Maya, Sam, El, Dustin, Lucas, Mike, and Will all stood in front of Max. She was sitting in a chair, tied up. "Let me go!" She screamed, trying to wiggle out of the restrains.  Susan was the first to walk up to her. She planted a loud smack on Max's cheek. "You're dirty, letting men touch you. Why couldn't you be normal you fucking slut?! I wanted a daughter, a normal daughter! Not some lesbian that doesn't know how to act!" 

There was a loud bang and Susan was on the floor. She reached towards Max, "MOM!" 

"Help me, bunny." She was then dragged away. 

Neil was up next, smirking happily. "I'm not sorry for what I did to you, I'm just sorry that our fun had to end so soon." He kissed the corner of Max's mouth, causing her to gag with disgust. He too was shot, but Max didn't care about him. 

Maya stood in front of the small girl with a smile on her face. "Grandma..." Max whispered, her heart aching. "Hi baby girl, grandma misses you." 

"I miss you too," the small girl cried, tears rolling down her cheeks. Maya fell to floor, blooding pooling around her. Sam came next. He was holding a stuffed bunny. 

"Daddy!"

"It was all your fault Maxie, all yours!"

"No! No daddy please, I-"

"I love you darling."

"NO PLEASE!" Max was sobbing now. Her dad was soft the dragged away, just like everyone else. 

Billy walked up to the girl, getting on one knee in front of her. "I left because of you, its all your fault Max. All your fault. Your mom, Neil, your dad, your grandma, me, now your new friends. Everyone around you dies, I hate you. I never loved you, you pathetic excuse for a human," he said yanking his necklace off her neck. Max sobbed loudly as her brother was shot and dragged away. The five kids walked up to her, all screaming different things. 

"Dyke!"

"You deserve to die!"

"I hate you!"

"I wish my parents never adopted you!"

"You deserve everything that's happened to you!"

"Stop."

She bit her lip. Everyone was all talking at once. Her ears were ringing, she couldn't breathe. They kept getting louder and louder. Max shut her eyes, praying everything would just...

stop

She opened her eyes to see all her friends dead. Max let out a loud sob, she was surrounded by bodies. Her friends, family. Everyone she's ever cared about all dead, because of her.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!" She cried loudly. 

"We want to show you all the destruction you've caused." 

"No, no, I- NO I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! I DIDn't do anything," she sobbed, her voice breaking at the end. 

Twenty hands grabbed at her, pulling her in different directions. She could feel her skin tearing, blood seep- 

"No!" She sobbed, shooting up from her bed. Max sobbed loudly, hugging her blue dog close to her. Mike fell from his bed, rushing to turn on the lights. Nancy ran in, rushing over to the traumatized girl and wrapped her in a hug. "Mike, go get water. Please," Mike nodded running down the stairs quickly. 

When he got back upstairs, Nancy was talking to Max softly. He decided to eavesdrop. 

"Did you have a nightmare?"

Max nodded. 

"Do you wanna tell me what its about?"

Max made a gun gesture, then put her finger nails on her forehead, pulling them as if she were ripping her skin apart. 

"That seems scary, but hey guess what, no one can hurt you anymore. You're safe with us, Mike and I, we're gonna do everything in our power to protect you sweetie."

Mike thinks Nancy should be a therapist. God knows they all need one after the events of '83 and October. 

Max laid down, Nancy laying next to her. She laid her head on Nancy's chest, holding her dog close to her. She fell asleep soon after Nancy started stroking her hair. Mike walked in, smiling sadly at the scene before returning to his bed and falling asleep.