Chapter Twelve

Rafael stood there confused for a moment as he knew very well Danielle wanted nothing to do with her cousins. Danielle slowly came down the stairs and stood near Rafael, who could feel her fear. He took her hand into his before saying,

"Do you know this woman, Princess?"

"Of course, she does. I'm her cousin, Della, I'm sure she has told you all about me." Della said proudly.

"Who's your friend?" Rafael asked.

"I'm Delaney, Dear, nice to meet you." Delaney said seductively.

"Why are you here, Della?" Danielle asked.

"Well, a friend of mine told me you had gotten married so I thought I would come visit and make sure you were safe." Della said sweetly.

"I'm safe so you can go now." Danielle said quickly.

"Is that any way to treat a guest?" Delaney said as she eyed Rafael.

"Ladies, how about we get you both to a hotel to rest? My wife and I have a lot of things to do today and meeting with visitors aren't one." Rafael said sternly.

"Oh, you are the man of the house I see." Delaney pointed out as she raised her eyebrow.

"I'm a married man and I will not tolerate the likes of you." Rafael said sternly.

Delaney scoffed as Della raised her eyebrow at him. She was about to protest but Danielle said,

"I think it's best that you spend the night at the hotel and leave as soon as possible. I don't care much about seeing you nor do I want to hang out with you."

"Oh, you got yourself a rich man and now you think you can stand up for yourself." Della questioned in a serious tone.

"Leave both of you." Rafael step in and said.

Della smirked as they left. Danielle knew this wasn't good and the only person who could've told her was Enzo. Rafael on the other hand now understood what his dream meant. Delaney looked just like Danielle and he was sure that she was the woman he was seeing in his dreams.

He needed answers as to why they looked alike but he wasn't sure if he was ready to find out. He turned to Danielle who was lost in her thoughts trying to figure out what she was going to do.

"Princess." He called out.

"Hmm." She said.

"Don't worry about them. You are fine. I won't let anyone hurt you." He said softly before kissing her.

Danielle nodded her head but she knew that things were about to get crazy. Rafael found it strange that Enzo would go to such matters to find a female that looked just like Danielle but he also knew something that would help him tell the difference.

"Let's go. You'll be with me today." He said.

Danielle didn't care because she didn't want to be left alone in the house. It was always quiet and plus it had been a while since she went outside. She looked out the window admiring the view as Rafael studied his tablet. She found herself taking secret glances at him looking away as soon as she could feel her face turning red.

She began to prepare herself for the day as they pulled up to his company. The workers feared Rafael so they didn't say much to him. As always as soon as they entered the company all eyes were on them. Danielle thought she had grown out of this feeling but every time she came it just got worse.

Rafael wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her closer to him knowing that his workers made her uncomfortable. He had tried to fire them but she always stood up for them and told him it wasn't their fault. They entered his office and he closed the curtains to his office making sure no one could see inside.