Chapter 27 : I Still Love You

Honestly guys, I don't like giving ultimatums to y'all, but if that gets me more reviews and saves me from 'you don't update soon's and 'are you alive?'s then so be it.

If you guys feel like the update's taking a lot of time, it's going to be the less number of comments for you.

The sun rose bringing with it a new light, a new day, a new hope. Like they say, tomorrow will be better and that's what we all hope, even if today is not the best, even if it's a test; Tomorrow will be better, the result will be better.

The rays infiltrated through the windows of the hospital waiting area, causing a pair of eyes to open up. And no sooner had they opened, a sleeping face came into his view. There she lay on the couch, sleeping soundly yet looking so painfully beautiful. Siddharth's eyes dared not waiver from Avneet's face as he slowly got nearer to her.

Strands of hair fell on her face like thin curtains covering parts of her. He picked a strand and tucked it behind her ear but then withdrew his hand. To a normal person, it would seem that she was just at a hand's reach from him but to him, it was farther than that, much farther. To Siddharth, she was seven years away from, he was a couple misunderstandings distant from her.

Tum mere ho, iss pal mere ho

But he couldn't help but savour the moment, so he picked another strand and went to merge it back with her hair. Avneet looked so innocent, so angelic to him that he couldn't control the urge to caress her face, running his slender fingers over her cheek but it seemed to wake her up as she stirred and opened her eyes.

It wasn't a scene Avneet was used to but definitely one she wished she was. Seeing his face every morning when she opened her eyes and before closing them each night, how she'd longed for it. But he was here now, in front of her so she took him in as long as she could. Imprinted her Siddharth's face into her mind as much as she could. He was hers for this moment.

And she was his.

Kal shayad yeh aalam na rahe

A clearing of throat brought them both out of their trance as their heads snapped to see Rohan and Stacey standing there. Rohan with a stoic face as he stood with some files in hand and Stacey with a big smile plastered to her face and two coffees in hand.

Kuch aisa ho tum tum na raho

Avneet quickly got up, speed walking to Rohan's side who gave her a smile as she did, pecking her hair when she was near. Stacey walked closer to Siddharth and handed him coffee, silently nudging him, "It's a love story, baby just yes!" She sang into his ears, teasing him.

Kuch aisa ho hum hum na rahe

Siddharth gestured a finger on the lips at Lovely, "Shush.." he told her but her smile didn't fade, instead she turned her head towards Avneet, "Hey! How are you feeling?" Avneet gave her a kind smile, "I'm okay, thank you." Siddharth's gaze was fixed on her as she spoke.

Rohan cleared his throat, "Siddharth." He gave Siddharth a curt nod as Siddharth did the same. Avneet watched the banter as tension loomed over their heads so she wrapped her arm around Rohan's, nudging him silently.

Yeh raaste alag ho jaye, chalte chalte hum kho jaye

As Rohan's gaze returned to Avneet, he understood what she meant and spoke, "Uh right. So I think Avneet and I should leave, we need to speak to the doctor as well," he told them as Siddharth and Stacey nodded.