Today I'm a Highschooler!

Sunlight bled through the drawn curtains, illuminating the dark room. Naruto groaned as he stirred from his slumber.

Sitting up from his bed Naruto stretched as he yawned, he looked at his alarm clock and groaned at the time, 6:45 am, no wonder he was so tired, Naruto never usually got up until the early afternoon.

'Uuhhh Gotta get ready for Rias'.

Throwing off the covers he stood and walked out of his room and headed towards the shower, entering the room he flicked the lights on and instantly turned them back off 'Too bright' he thought as went over and turned on the water.

Entering the shower Naruto closed his eyes as he felt the warm water wash over his form, his body visibly relaxed from the sensation, he took a moment just to enjoy the feeling from the water.

'Haa this is nice' he thought.

"You can say that again boss".

"I know it's great right!".

It took Naruto a solid ten seconds to realise that a dark and deranged voice had spoken out to him, and not the other voice that he had been hearing in his head over the past two days.

Opening his eyes he looked around the bathroom, trying to figure out where the voice had come from.

"Hello?".

"Ello" it replied.

Naruto blinked, he really hadn't expected a response from his open hello.

"Umm?"

"Down here" It informed.

Looking down in front of him, he was very, very surprised to see a skinny dark grayed skinned goblin-like creature that was roughly about 3ft tall, it had pointed elf like ears and large razor sharp teeth that completely filled its mouth, its eyes glowed a bright unholy green. It wore nothing other than thin dirty brown loincloth.

It was also in the shower with him!

It gave him a lopsided grin as it raised it's 4 finger clawed hand and gave him a wave.

"Good to meet ya boss".

"JESUS-FUCK!" Naruto screamed out in surprise and pain, falling to his ass he quickly tried to back away, far away from the demon goblin thing.

His back hit against the cold tiled wall, the demon crawled towards him, grinning like Cheshire Cat.

"I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I'm the first darkling you've met" it asked.

What the fuck is a darkilng?!

"You have no idea what's going on, do you?" The now identified Darkling asked.

Naruto with wide eyes, slowly shook his head in the negative.

"Fuuuck you really don't know what's going on!, the Darkness really likes to toy with the host in the beginning" It shrugged as it spoke.

'The Darkness? The host?' He thought.

The Darkling was almost upon him before it stopped it's approach.

"You don't even know what you are?! Or what the Darkness even is?!" It shouted out in disbelief.

"Ar-Are you reading my mind?" He asked fearfully.

The Darkling jumped on and stuck to the wall behind him, it tapped its clawed finger against his head.

"I came from your noggin! Everything I am is because of you, and you can call me Dra-" The darkling was cut off when the lights flared to life, illuminating the room in brightness, the darkling combusted in a plum of black smoke that quickly dissipated.