chapter two: 𝓊𝓃𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒽𝑜𝒹𝑜𝓍

unorthodox
[uhn·awr·thuh·doks]

adjective
different from what is usual or expected in behaviour, ideas and methods in a strange, suspicious and unnatural way
or
not conforming to traditional philosophy in any way of means pushing the boundaries of what is accepted

August 15th 1995.

The clanking of pots echoing throughout the house from the kitchen was enough to drag a dreamy Luna from her sheets. Waltzing slowly through the halls she made her way down the stairs and entered the chilled room and sat down in a daze resting her head in the palm of her hands.

Her gaze drifted over to the stove where the teapot was boiling her eyes lighting up as steam blew out of it and warming the bitter air around her. There was a harsh wind outside causing the many chimes to ring and clank together and Luna took notice of the beautiful melody it emitted.

It was only then she realised Lulu was stood next to the stove preparing morning tea. Her eyes glassy as an eery siren call gently flowed from her lips matching nature's chimes as she stared longingly out the window.

The teapot continued to screech breaking her out of her trance her movements dreamlike as she slowly turned away. Luna watched as her sisters face lightened upon seeing her the melodic tone quietening as an unearthly smile danced across her features.

Lulu's eyes skimmed across Luna's frame a slight furrow forming in her brows before she turned to the stove to remove the teapot.

She delicately poured the steamed water into two cups and stirred the contents before rounding on Luna again. Lulu placed a flowered cup in front of her before dragging a chair out and joining her at the table.

"It's Ginger your energy levels seem quite low."

Lulu took a small sip from her own cup sighing in content as she beckoned Luna to do the same. The blonde girl inhaled deeply before bringing the rim of the cup to her lips and letting it run down her throat.

"It was an awful night the storm caused all sorts of creatures to knock at my windows." Luna rubbed at her eyes before they met Lulu's a harshness to her voice and she could see her sister clearly didn't sleep well either.

"We heard them too. Mimi was struggling to keep her magic at bay. I had to crawl in with her."

Lulu took hold of the pot and refilled Luna's teacup before sipping graciously from her own again. She could feel the Ginger targeting her energy pathways awakening her magic, her fingertips were positively alight.

"I hope Daddy was alright." Luna's usual airy tone was sorrowful as she took another gulp of tea.

"Oh I'm sure he is. He went out to make sure no Pixies took shelter in the alcoves." Luna's face lit up as she lifted herself out of her chair and towards the window.

Peering out she could see her Father examine the house a happy smile on his face as small beams of light emitted from his wand. He turned towards the window seeing a small shadow and smiled wider towards his beautiful girl.

"He's been out for a while now." Luna turned back to Lulu seeing the mystic glaze still in her eyes.

The cyclonic winds and the heavy downpour of a storm caused all the girls magic to shift. The erratic nature it possessed always ensured a disastrous emotional reaction for those that truly believed in the balance between nature and magic.