chapter three: 𝓇𝑒𝓅𝓊𝑔𝓃𝒶𝓃𝓉

repugnant
[ruh·puhg·nuhnt]

adjective
if behaviour or beliefs, etc. are repugnant, they are very unpleasant, causing a feeling of disgust
or
acts that are deemed as extremely distasteful and unacceptable

September 1st 1995.

"Alright are you sure you've all got everything?"

Xenophilius was beaming down at his girls with a proud smile on his face as he wished them off for another year at Hogwarts.

The platform was slightly crowded as they said goodbye. Parents all around them were fussing over their children some with tears in their eyes as they watched them walk onto the train.

It was still a little while off the train being ready to depart and Xenophilius was taking as much time as he could in seeing them off. He knew once he got back home the house would be eerily quiet. Silent of all gleeful laughter and the unearthly way that magic creeped up the vines of his home would diminish.

"For the millionth time Daddy we've got everything."

Lulu had a mischievous smile on her face as he looked down at her, small giggles leaving the other girls lips as he rolled his eyes and brought them all into a final hug. The girls wrapped their small arms around him tighter as he kissed the top of their heads small tears starting to build under his closed eyelids.

He pulled back away from them his eyes blurry as he scanned over their features one by one. There was a sad smile on his face as he bent down to their height and watched as a small tear slowly made its way down Luna's flushed cheek.

She flung herself back into his arms and the older girls quickly engulfed them as well not wanting to say goodbye until Christmas. Each of them adorned sad smiles as they reluctantly pulled back at the sound of the train whistle.

Xenophilius looked back and forth between the train and his daughters standing to his full height before plastering an almost too wide smile on his face.

"You all better behave, Mimi I'm expecting amazing fortunes in your letters and Lulu please blow up as many cauldrons as you can this year."

He kissed their heads as small giggles left their lips and hugged them one last time before looking over at Luna.

"And you better tell me all your wonderful stories about the creatures you meet in the forest." Luna nodded her head as he kissed the top and all too soon he was pushing them closer to the train.

They all climbed aboard with their luggage in tow and waved enthusiastically out of the windows as the train began its journey.

"Have a fun year my faeries." Xenophilius' voice echoed across the platform causing many heads to turn as he waved back at his daughters with the biggest smile on his face.

The girls watched as he got smaller and smaller as the train gained speed and soon he was out of sight and the large smiles left their faces.

"Let's get in the carriage before there aren't any left."

Lulu beckoned to the empty carriage behind her and the three quickly made it inside stowing their luggage in the compartments. Lulu placed herself gently next to the window and watched as the streets of London turned into vibrant hills and colourful meadows.