I'm a Vampire...Not a Bookworm

Esmeralda got out of bed and seated herself in front of her mirror. She had the looks: the red hair, the light green eyes, and the pale skin, and she knew it. However, nobody else in Thomson Renold High School knew nor did they know she was a vampire. Instead, Esmeralda was the so called "loner." It wasn't cause everyone was jealous but because Esmeralda wanted it that way; it was much easier to not stand out. Esmeralda tied her long, red hair into a braid and clipped it onto the top of her hair. Then grabbed a wig cap and swinged it over her head. The wig she had choosen for school was a dirty-blond, middle length hair, which made her resemble a maggy dog. The worse, the better. She took a black-framed glasses and put it midway on her nose, replicating that of a grandmother's. For her uniform she choosed to wear a long-knee skirt and a light-blue blouse. It didn't look too bad but compared to what all the kids were wearing at school: deep V-necks, shorts practically able to see part of the butt, guys with their boxers hanging out of their pants, and so much other pro-cleavage cloth, it was so out of fashion. Overall, she looked like one of those unsocial bookworms. Perfect.

Esmeralda looked into her classroom and ignored all the commotion in the ailes. She went to her seat in the back and sat down waiting for the English class to start. In came Mr. Smith and a new boy. He was about 6'4", had ginger-brown hair, pale skin, and light blue eyes. And of course, all of the sluts in the class were eying him up and down.

"Why don't you introduce yourself?" Mr. Smith said.

"Hi. My name is Dan Sterling. I came from New York. My favorite hobbies are football and ulitmate frisbee. I've been captain for a few sports.And I'll be looking forward to this year," he said smiling.

It sure didn't look like he was lying about the sport thing, with the contour of his abs showing on his white T-shirt.

"Any questions you guys wanna ask Dan?" Mr Smith asked.

One of the girls raised her hands.

"Yes, Beckie?"

"So Dan, what kind of girls do you like?" Beckie asked trying to sound innocent.

Esmeralda had to laugh at this. She couldn't believe how all the girls' ears perked up when they heard this question.

"Let see. Someone who's frugal and doesn't care about looks. She has to be nice and really care about others."

Esmeralda looked at Beckie's reaction and saw a smirk on her face. Did she really think it was gonna work out with Dan? Sigh, Dan was already picked to be on Beckie's list of "Guys To Have Sex With."

"Dan, why don't you go sit next to Esmeralda in the back. You can share books with her for now." Mr. Smith said.

All the girls instantly turned their heads around glaring at me. Like really, they had to be jealous of a person like me.

"Hey Esmeralda," Dan said as he sat down next to me.

"Ah, hey," I answered. I didn't want to get too close to anyone, especially him. One of my rules: never get close to popular people.

English class passed by pretty fast and the only thing I did with Dan was show him a page in Beowolf. The day went by and of course Dan was always surrounded by a horde of girls, a pack of wolves trying to get the rabbit. I went through the rest of the classes, bored as always, especially since the things they taught were much too easy. It was finally time for school to end and I wanted to go home. I walked to my locker to get my jacket and guess who was standing in front of my locker? Beckie and her gang of whores.

I went up to them and as politely as I could said, "Could you guys please move. I need to get to my locker."

"To the likes of you, no," Beckie said and immediately went back to her conversation.

This girl was really getting on my nerve. I would have teared out her blond hair and gouged out her hazel eyes if it weren't for this act I was trying to put up. And really, I literally could have if I wanted to.

"Beckie, move," I said.

"Did you not hear what I said," Beckie answered starting to get pissed off.

"Move."

"You're really annoying, you know that? Go stay in your freaking hole!"

"Move it."

"You don't get it do you?" Beckie grabbed me by my collar and dragged me to the staircase, "I want you to shut the hell up and don't act like your better than me!"

What the hell was this girl's problem. All I was asking for was her to move and now I got myself into a mess.

"Thanks for moving, Beckie," I said to her smiling.

This really pissed her off. She took my shirt and pushed me off the staircase, then ran back to the hallway. This girl really had anger problems but luckily I was a vampire. Even if I fell a thousands feet off a skyscraper I still wouldn't get a scratch. I waited for the landing expecting to fall onto the floor but instead I collided into something soft...

"Dan...?"

Sure enough, I was sitting on Dan.

"Woah...,"Dan said staring at me.

I raised my eyebrows at him. I'm 99% sure there was no blood. Then I saw what he meant. My glasses were knocked off to the side and my wig was on the floor. Ah crud.