Prologue

Emily’s P.O.V

Ugh, here comes Snotty the Bitch. “Hi, hi Emily!”

I fake her little preppy voice. “OMG! Hi, hi Matilda.” My small group of tolerates laugh behind me. “It’s Megan.” Matilda says losing the preppy voice and changing it to bitch voice. The voice we have all come to know and love. Note the sarcasm.

“Oh, yeah sorry Matil-Megan. I always forget. Anyways what?”

“Well as the head of Achievements Department (is that even real?) I would like you to know that you are winning school bad girl.”

“How am I a bad girl?!” I asked not very surprised. I have lavender blue hair (it looks neon blue), piercings, visible tattoos, and wear all black. It’s not that hard to see that I’m punk rock. But, I hardly ever get in trouble!

“Weeeelllllll, in the past 4 months you have been assigned 37 detentions, 12 I.S.S, and 8 days of O.S.S.”

“And? Your point is?” I mean I swear I served every day of the Out of School Suspension.

She raised her voice a little, “My point is you are a bad girl!!”

Oh, well now I kinda see it. My tolerances are dying behind me. Yeah, so what I’m the ‘bad girl’. Whatever. “Isn’t there like a school bad boy, too?” I asked taking the subject from me.

“Yeah, his name is Michael Clifford.” She said showing me his picture. Well, then. This boy is hecca fine. “You know you get to have a quote, right?” she asked as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“No.” I replied, still high from this Michael person, “What’s his?”

“Michael’s quote is ‘I do what I want, I’m punk rock’” she says.

“Okayyyy. I know what to make mine.” I lean closer to her ear and she looks kinda freaked out. “Make my quote, ‘Fine then do me.’”