Chapter 22: Suspected

"King!"

Mrs. Kim shouted after she heard a noise which made her turn, she saw the king laying on the floor.

Mrs. Kim rushed and tried to wake up the unconscious man. She noticed that the king is still breathing, she then shook his body, trying to wake him up. After multiple times of attempts.. the king gained his consciousness.

His eyes suddenly opened widely, he inhaled heavily and quickly breathed out right after "W-what happened?" He weakly stated as he's still figuring out what cause him to feel this strange feeling to his body.

"You fainted my king.." nanny said, exhaled in relief.

"God.. I'm feeling it again.." the king groaned then he placed his hands on his head, gripping on his own hair.

"My king.. Did you drink the potion for your head ache?" Mrs. Kim asked and the king just groaned in pain while shutting his eyes tightly, giving nanny an obvious answer to her question.

"You should have drink it my king, you know how bad it affects you." nanny said and helped the king stand up and let him sit on his bed.

"That potion is not helping me, that's why i stopped drinking it. It tastes horrible too, Argh!" The king stated as his head ached again, nanny just shook her head of disagreement and went out of the room to fetch some glass of water for the king.

But then nanny saw Dahyun in the hallway who just finished watering the plants at the garden. That's Dahyun's daily chore every morning.

"Dahyun-ah!" Nanny shouted to her child.

"Mother.. why?" Dahyun said as she walked towards her mother.

"Can you please get a glass of cold water? I can't leave the king in this state, he's having his head aches again." Mrs. Kim stated and Dahyun immidietly followed her mother's orders.

Seconds have passed and Dahyun went back with a glass of water in her hands, nanny took it from her daughter and when she went back to give the king the glass.. she can't spot the king anywhere.

"Where did he go?" Nanny uttered and scratched her nape, probably frustrated from the king's stubbornness.

--

Footsteps can be heard from the hallway, getting closer and closer to the room where the lovers are having their intimate moment..

But then someone started to open the door.

"Chaeyoung.." a voice travelled which made the two gasp and face the person who's standing by the door.

"F-father!"

Both of them seemingly got pulled from each other's closeness. Chaeyoung who's surprised by the sudden visit of the king, she knows her father.. he won't go barging inside her room without any important reasons, and she totally remembered that she locked that door last night too.

"King!" Mina jolted as she stood up and lowered her head to show her respect, she's trembling as she looked up from the king, did he noticed what they're doing?

"What is happening here?" The king asked and both of the girls are looking at each other with worried and nervous eyes.

"N-nothing father, Min- i mean Minho.. he's just helping me." Chaeyoung stuttered, then the king walked slowly towards the princes.

Mina just carefully watched the two because she's way too surprised to even talk, that caused her to freeze on the spot.

"What happened to your face?" The king uttered, Chaeyoung gulped and so did Mina. God knows how nervous they are right now, they're not even sure if the king noticed what they're doing earlier.