δύο (2)

Silence.

Not a sound from the campgrounds*.

Desirae wasn't necessarily one for dramatics. Well, she was. But not the kind that leaves everyone who believed her to be dead to disassociate for a few seconds. Her nerves about showing her identity to the camp had been rising exponentially and she just wanted to get it over with. She glanced over at her brother in hopes that he would break the silence, but all he did was lift his left eyebrow.

'You made this mess, so now you gotta clean it up,' his expression said.

"Some of you know me, but for those who don't, I used to come to camp here. My name is Desirae and these are my teammates," she started. She gestured to each teammate when she said their names and they revealed themselves as she did. "Joseph, our leader. Camila. Michael. Jamie. Jayden. And Marcus, our other supervisor."

Camila looked at her best friend with an invisible smirk. Percy was still staring at her like he had seen a ghost. To be fair, from his perspective, he was. Not much about Desirae had changed from the last time he had seen her (excluding the dreams he had where she would make a constant appearance). She still had the same beautiful face and gorgeous chocolate eyes. But there was a certain hardness to her that had been acquired over the years. Her eyes were still kind but now guarded. She still held herself innocently but now matured. From where he was standing, he could see that she had more muscle to her and a few light scars.

Marcus stepped up to take over. "Now that you know who we are, let's talk about what you can expect during our stay. We won't bother you all too much during your training, but we will need to train you on how to fight and kill the soldiers that make up the titan army. These aren't your normal monsters, so we'll explain the weak spots and how to find them."

"Training will start the day after tomorrow. Enjoy whatever free time you have tomorrow because our training will take up most of your time," Laura finished in a conclusive tone.

Chiron dismissed the audience while Laura beckoned her team to get closer. When they were close enough to have a conversation without any unwanted listeners, she spoke.

"Is it done?" She asked

"All that's missing is the sign. Mostly because I wanted people to be nosy and linger around so that they can be amazed," Jayden replied.

"Then let's not keep them waiting," Laura hummed, accepting Marcus' outstretched hand.

The couple began making their way towards their base of operations with the 6 young adults trailing after them like ducklings. From the corner of her eye, Desirae noticed 3 figures looking in her direction. She knew that they wanted to talk to her but, despite confidently revealing her identity to the whole camp, she was not ready for that conversation. She continued to walk away from Percy, Annabeth, and Grover, not sparing them a glance.

The walk to their base wasn't a long one but, with all the campers watching them, it felt like days. An archway started to manifest from the bottom up as soon as the entrance of the base was in view. The campers gasped at the sight and continued to watch in awe as the 8 new people strolled underneath it as if it didn't just appear out of nowhere. The sign at the top of the archway appeared after all of the 8 people were inside the base's boundaries, with what the campers assumed was their name.

Νικητές*

.      .      .

The group of 8 split up, Laura and Marcus went to their cabin while the rest went to the main cabin that they like to call "Homebase". They weren't feeling very creative when they came up with the name but, to be fair, they were exhausted when they came up with the name. It was generic and they never bothered to come up with a new name.