Sweet Darkness

Dad said we could take the old, grey, beat-up, Toyota pick up truck down to the creek down behind the house and camp. It was early May and the creek was a little low so you could do a lot of bank fishing, which I probably wouldn't ever do again.

It took little time to st the tent up since I did it often. M wasn't really a country boy. He was a born to be a rockstar.

A while later, we had a fire going in the fire pit. I closed my eyes and breathed in the scent of the smoke and M's cologne. I was startled by a loud splash. I jumped. My eyes shot open and looked around.

There was a pile of clothes sitting on one of the logs surrounding the fire.

M's head popped up out of the water. He shook his hair like a dog. I laughed.

"C'mon in!" he shouted.

"No! The water is probably freezing Jacob!" I shouted back.

"Mariana Leanne! Please! I dont have much time left with you," M said swimming towards the bank.

"Oh Jacob fine! Stop guilt tripping me!" I said, "Don't look though!"

"Jeese! I'm not that big of a pervert Mari," he remarked and turned away.

I pulled my Nirvana shirt over my head and slipped out of my shorts. I pulled my hair out of the ponytail holder and jumped in.

"Damn. Its cold as hell," I mumbled.

"Hell, my dear, is fire and brimstone, not cold water," M said swimming toward me. I swam away. M grabbed my shoulders and spun me around. He kissed me. Jacob Fucking Marcelino kissed me.

I pulled away. I didn't know what to do.

"I'm sorry Mar," M said, his eyes watering. I kissed him. That was stupid of me to make him think I didn't want him. Hell. I did.

"I love you Jacob. Like really love you," I mumbled against one of his wet shoulders.

"God dammit. I wanna do things to you right now," he said.

"Then fucking do it. Yolo, like Marcus used to say," I practically ordered him.

"But-" he began but I cut him off.

"No 'but's. I dont have but hardly three days. I want this Jacob,"

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yes, yes I am," I said confedently.