03| Breakfast and Birthmark.

Amber Erin Anderson

By the time I was finally normal after weeping and sobbing, Nathan and I were sitting on a wooden bench that we luckily had behind us.

"Damn, just how much tears do you have?" Nathan complained as he tried to brush off the tears that I had shed on his shoulder.

I shrugged, pursing my lips as he rolled his eyes. "So, what was all that about?" he asked worriedly, facing me.

I hesitated for a bit, crumbling the tissue paper that Nathan gave me in my lap. Sighing, I said, "It's. . . I don't wanna talk about it. Maybe tomorrow?" he was about to say something when his phone suddenly rang and he took it out from his pocket.

"It's Amelia!" Nathan exclaimed happily once he saw the caller I.D.

My eyes went wide in surprise. "She's back from her hometown?"

"Seems like so," Nathan stood on his feet and took a deep breath, being the dramatic man he was.

"Amber, how do I loo-, I mean, how do I sound?" Nathan huffed, stomping his feet on the ground impatiently.

I facepalmed and yelled, "Just pick up the call!"

Nathan nodded before going somewhere to talk privately with his girlfriend and after a few minutes, he came back, being more happy than he was.

I wiggled my eyebrows when I caught him blushing. "Hmm, what caused Nathan Cameron to blush like this?" I teased him, still wiggling my eyes.

He rolled his eyes and I laughed.

"Amelia returned from her hometown and I think I should pick her up from the airport," Nathan suggested, trying to be normal but I could still see those pink tinted blush on his face which was caused by Amelia.

"Then what're you waiting for? Go!" I stood up and pushed him by his back.

"Should I? will you be fine?" he asked, looking over his shoulder and I rolled my eyes.

"What am I, a five-year-old? Of course, I'll be fine! I'll return to my apartment once you leave," I assured him.

"Alright, I'll be at your apartment in the morning,"

I gave him a thumbs up smilingly and he turned around - waving his hand and rushing to get a cab while his dark hair ruffled up and down by the air that was breezing coldly.

I watched him as he finally got into a cab and vanished before waving his hand at me again--causing me to do the same.

Sighing, I also made my way to my home, the bright stars as my only companions and the moon guiding them.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

The reason of me not getting sleep last night was quite valid: a) I was too astonished after the sudden irrational stunts that my not-so-normal-looking-birthmark made and I was waiting for it to happen again - I was waiting for to glow like that again, like the night with no stars and moon, like a river all alone at night - I was waiting for the little specks of darkness again, swirling around the air but it didn't. No matter how much I stared at my wrist, nothing happened and all I could see was just the plus sign, too small to be noticed by anyone a few feet away from me.

And b) After losing my job - and, making Nathan lose his job as well, I was too worried about if I would get a job anytime soon, not only for myself, but for Nathan as well. If it was only me, I'd have figured out anything but there was Nathan too, who didn't waste a second to sacrifice his job for me and the very least I could do for him was to get a stable job but after everything, I lost the will and the confidence to continue anymore.