11| Sensible Answers.

Amber Erin Anderson

"If anyone asks you something, smile and give them a sensible answer, alright? sensible!" Ember warned me before we entered the throne room.

I nodded, giving him no answer while Ace indicated us with his hand to move on--and soon, after a few minutes of walking continuously, we reached the throne room.

The door threw open as three of us entered an enormous room which was filled with people who were dressed luxuriously and were seated in carved chairs and their legs crossed. A lengthy gold and silver carpet which had detailed designs stretched the length of the room. My gaze landed on the raised dais where some courtiers, henchmen and advisers were standing and above it, sat the King and the Queen on their thrones.

"Everyone on the dais are renèi Possessors, only one or two advisers are Naughts," Ember told me as I bobbed my head.

Where are the Ezèrian, then? I wanted to ask when my eyes landed on the throne.

I finally realized whose genes the Elysian brothers had inherited. Their father's. The King looked like he was in his early fifties with dark black hair, the same dark and dangerous eyes as Ira, stubble beard and his facial features same as Ira.

A big crown filled with jewels and diamonds was placed on his head which looked like as if it was meant to be there. As if he was the right man to wear it. As if the crown chose him.

Suddenly, I found myself wondering how many renèi he possessed. Since he was the king, he must have more than Ace and everyone present in the court.

He noticed us when everyone present in the court gave their attention to us instead of him. He gave us a dark look which sent shivers down my spine and I noticed he was mostly sending daggers through his eyes to Ember; not me.

It was evident that Ember and his father weren't in a healthy relationship as not only the king was giving him glares--but Ember, too.

"The Elysian Princes have arrived--the glory, the godsend and the blessing of the kingdom of Elysia have arrived!" suddenly, a footman announced, his voice so loud and abrupt, I flinched.

"Just shut up already," out of nowhere Ira appeared from behind, wearing an embroidered golden and white long coat beneath his vest and pulling it closer, he entered the room with the same scowl as his brother Ember.

What's up with everyone being in such a bad mood?

My eyebrows shot up and before I could comprehend why Ira came now as he should have been here long before us, Ember and Ace walked, straightening their spines like Ira, making me do the same as well.

I tried to straighten my posture same as them but failed and the only thing I was able to do the same as them was just walking with my chin held up high.

All the seated people stood up and bowed the Princes and Ace was the only person who replied them with a kind smile while Ira ignored them and Ember kept giving glares to his father.

After getting all the respects and greetings from people and Ace replying to them with polite answers and the other brothers ignoring them like they never existed, I examined the Queen.