4; The Sacrifice

One normal day, just one normal day. That's all Danielle wanted, it's not too much to ask is it? Today was supposed to be another normal day for a teenage girl, just go to school, have lunch with her parents and sister, maybe hang out with her friends later, but no. She's now going to the Salvatore's house after Damon ambushed at the end of school.

"Oh stop pouting, I even talked to your mom for you." Damon smirked at the girl on the passanger's seat.

"I don't pout. And I hate how my mom loves you." Since the first time her mom saw Damon she was enthralled by the man, which disgusted both Danielle and her father, who insisted he wasn't a good company for their daughter.

"It's my charm honey, no lady can resist it."

Her face scrunched up. "Gross. Just wait till dad snaps and end up staking you."

Not too long after they were at the boarding house, meeting Stefan, Bonnie and Jeremy to plan their attack on Katherine.

"Danielle and I might be able to lower the tomb spell long enough for you to get in there and grab the moonstone from Katherine."

"How? It took both you and your Grams last time, and look what happened to her." Jeremy looked at the witch with worry in his eyes.

"I'm well aware of what happened. I've learned a few new things, and Dani will be there this time." Bonnie said confidently.

The girl looked down, she didn't fully believe what Rose said the day before about her powers. "I don't know if I'm strong enough for this, you really think it'll work?"

"We're gonna be fine, trust me." Bonnie answered.

"Bonnie..." Jeremy started.

The witch ignored the boy and turned to Stefan instead. "How will you get it?"

"She hasn't been feeding. She's weaker. We're not." Stefan answered, and Damon raised a glass of blood towards Bonnie.

"You wouldn't be underestimating her, would you?" She inquired to Damon.

"It's a plan. Is it perfect?" He scoffs. "What plan is?"

"How reassuring, I feel much more confident now." Danielle deadpanned.

"Let me do it. I've got my ring. I can get in, get out, no spells necessary." Jeremy exclaimed.

Damon looked at the boy angrily. "Gee, thanks, you 16-year-old child. Why didn't we think about that? Why are you even here?"

Bonnie interrupted both of them, not wanting to lose their time bickering. "Maybe I can help better the plan. Do you have anything that belongs to Katherine?"

Damon and Stefan share a significantly look, Stefan then leaves the room to grab something. When he comes back he has a picture of Katherine in his hands.

"This belonged to Katherine. Found it with her things after I thought she was dead, but it was hers." Stefan holded the portrait out, while Damon seemed bothered by it, as if it brought back old painful memories. Danielle didn't like it, and wished she could make Katherine pay for hurting her best friend.

Bonnie took the picture and placed it in a ceramic bowl. She dipped her fingers in a glass of water and let the water droplets drip from her fingertips into the bowl, which made flames sprout out. She shut her eyes and began to chant a spell in Latin.

"What will this do?" Damon wondered.

She opened her eyes. "I can turn the metal into ash. Blow the ashes on her, and it'll incapacitate her for a minute or two. Long enough for you to get the stone and get out."