mommas little boy

caregiver: lily
little: neil

Neil was curled up in a ball, trembling under his covers on top of his bed. Hid whimpering was muffled but loud enough for lily to hear from the living room. She raised an eyebrow and walked over to Neil's room, knocking on the door. "Hey...neil?" She said in her normally gentle voice.

"...y..yeah?" Neil said through sniffles as he tried his best to cover up his sulking voice. His attempt failed though because lily slowly creaked open the door and walked over to neil, sitting down on his bed and pulling him into her lap. "Neil..." she cooed as he ran her fingers through his soft beige hair.

"..." neil couldn't think of a reply... he was just to small and nonverbal at the moment. All he wanted was a nice warm bottle and a nap. He wiped away the snot with his hoodie sleeve and looked up at lily with his tearful eyes, which were slowly growing dry now. "Wanna tell me what's wrong neil?" Lily asked softly as she rubbed his back.

"Nuff.. jus.. to.. small.. sorry, cant talk...to small.." lily understood what he was trying to say and nodded. "Well, mommy's here now baby boy. You don't have to worry. Momma wont let the bad thoughts win." Neil smiled and snuggled himself deeper into lily's grip. "Thank..momma.." he sniffled and wiped his snot again.

"Stop baby. Let mommy wipe your nose for you." Lily got up and grabbed the box of napkins from Neil's bed, pulling out 2 of them and using 1 to wipe away the snot already out and then held the other one up to Neil's nose. "Blow sweetie." Neil blew and sniffed again. "Good boy." Lily kissed Neil's cheek and rubbed his back once again.

"Momma.. bottle..?" Neil asked in a soft tone as he pulled off his hoodie and threw it onto his floor. "Yes sweetie. Where is it?" She asked looking around. "Box...night stand..." lily walked over to the night stand and pulled out the box from underneath it. "This one baby?" Neil nodded. "Alright. Mommy is gonna go make you some milk, okay? Dont go anywhere baby."

She left the room and closed the door behind her. She stepped into the kitchen and cleaned out the bottle before pouring almond milk into it and putting it into the microwave. "What's the bottle for?" Ira asked as he stood tired with a cup of coffee in his hand. "Oh, this is for neil. Hes small right now." Ira nodded and took a sip of his coffee. "Okay. You two have fun with that." He walked away back into his room.

Lily entered Neil's room with the bottle in her hand. She shook it and held it out to neil. "Want momma to feed you or are you big enough to feed yourself?" Neil looked down and scrunched up his bedsheets in his hands out of embarrassment. "...do you want mommy to feed you sweetheart?" Neil nodded and looked up at lily. "Okay! Come here them baby."

Lily patted her lap and let out a gentle smile. Neil crawled over and laid his head onto lily's lap, getting comfortable. "Open wide baby!" Neil giggled and opened his mouth for the bottle. "Good job little boy..." she put the teet into the babies mouth and smiled as she saw him begin to feed. "You're so cute neil.." she said inna gentle voice.