And so, It Begins

Uhh, you might notice while reading that I keep on changing how Hinata, Kenma and Iwaizumi are addressed as. Know that their name would change depending on who the part is centralized on so please don't be confused. Like for Shouyou, Iwaizumi is Hajime but for others he is Iwaizumi.

Anyway, enjoy!

<><><>

Tugging on his tangerine orange locks vehemently, Shouyou let out a frustrated sigh as Kenma curled into himself beside him, his medallion yellow eyes trained on the phone before them. From afar, it might seem that the two were forlornly staring at some game playing in the rectangular device - as what Kuroo and Yaku had assumed, but the truth was much strenuous than that. The duo was looking over Miyagi's traffic and store security cameras, Kenma hacking into them all with ease, praying to see a tinge of green hair through the grainy imageries.

Unpredictably, Coach Washijo from Shiratorizawa Academy had reached out to various teams to get his first years and second years more experience for future battles. From Miyagi, Karasuno's and Aoba Johsai's men volleyball teams were invited while from Tokyo, Nekoma's and Fukurodani's male volleyball teams were requested to participate. Coach Ukai and Takeda-sensei readily agreed, not one to pass up opportunities to get their own team to be subjected to fight against strong opponents, while the others needed more convincing before they relented.

With their teams under one roof and the Charlatan's men freely frick-frolicking around the country, Shouyou had sent out Hajime to scout the area, meaning to sleep with the knowledge that his adversary's men are far away. But that was two hours ago and Kenma has not heard from the ace at all. No comment or background noise was heard from the white earpiece they had provided him for communication. The other end was dead silent, the camera feeds derived of the clayed green hair, and it disconcert the two.

The tangerine shifts his weight towards his lover, locking his face into the space between his neck and shoulder, breathing in the setter's soft scent of jasmine. Both of their teams already know that they're dating so they weren't hiding their intimacy anymore. What the crow and cat cluster doesn't know is how they truly came to be, how long they've been together and their involvement with the Sandcastle's ace.

Kenma gnawed on his gums and closed the gritty camera connection. He tapped on his screen – long tap, release, short tap, release, long tap, release - gesticulating a letter K in morse code, a code used by the three to summon Kodzuken. The cat-like second year snaked his free arm around Shouyou's slim waist and brought him close, burying his face in the younger's orange mops, blatantly ignoring the affronted tinkle Yamamoto and Tanaka let out, as a 2D calico cat emerged from its lobby and stretched out lazily. As the cat sat with its tail curled around its legs, Kenma opened Notespad and typed out Hack into Haji's earpiece and ask him for mission details. Kodzu nodded and trudge back to her lobby, intent on carrying out her master's orders.

From where he is, Shouyou sat back up and pulled out his own phone from his pocket and turned to his lover, "Let's play multiplayer!" Kenma nodded because he knows it was Shouyou's way on asking for a distraction. He's worried for their companion like he is. For those watching the interaction, they shook their head in endearment and went on with their solo practice, leaving the two lovebirds alone. Kageyama grunted disapprovingly but went on with serving for Tanaka and Asahi, grungily clicking his tongue in agitation as he recalled his partner turning down his invitation for more spiking practices.

Kageyama had finished gulping down from his water bottle and handed the empty container to Yachi, who willingly took it and placed close to her chest, among other empty water bottles that was owned by his teammates. Turning, he caught a glimpse of his partner's tangerine orange hair and brazenly called him out. "Oi dumbass!" Kageyama yelled loudly, catching not only Hinata's attention, but everyone present's as well. Hinata narrowed his eyes at him, like a predator eyeing its prey, "What do you want, Bakeyama?" Kageyama was surprise, to say the least. The coaches had dismissed them and let them do their individual practices, and it was weird for the blue-eyed setter to not see his companion bound up to him and beg for tosses. This Hinata in front of him was not entirely the Hinata he knows. This one spoke with authority and finality, voice sounding oddly like a combination of Daichi's commanding voice and Tsukishima's taunting one. Although the sentence he had uttered was a question, to Kageyama, it sounded like an accusation filled with malice.