Episode 2: The Job of an Angel

The centurion poured Angie a cup of tea as well as the other girls as snacks were brought out along with them. Akria, Leslie, Angie, and Eva sat at a medium sized table in the outdoor courtyard of Palutena's Temple in the sky. The view was so beautiful, it was breathtaking.

"This is all so...unreal." Leslie said out loud before sipping her tea.

"I know right?!" Akria asked, her mouth full of snacks. "I mean, when Palutena asked us to come to her temple the minute we met her, I didn't think it would be THIS big!"

"Akria, chew and swallow before speaking." Leslie sighed at her best friend's behavior. She then looked at Angie and Eva. "What do you two think of this?"

"It's so good!" Eva hummed in delight, indulging in the delicious food.

Angie ate slowly, disapprovingly. "The ability to eat fast means you won't enjoy it."

Leslie nodded her head in agreement with Angie.

"Sorry for the wait." The girls looked to see the Goddess of Light accompanied by her angel walking into view before they sat down at the table. "We had to make sure no more Underworld invasions were happening."

Akria swallowed her food before smiling, "It's no problem at all, Palutena."

Leslie was about to correct Akria, telling her to call her 'Lady Palutena', but Palutena giggled a little. "I'm glad to see you're not afraid to be friendly. But I'd like to get straight to the point, if you don't mind." Palutena explained.

Akria set her snacks down and nodded her head. "Of-Of course. It's about this medallion and Angel Crimson, correct?" Akria asked as she took out the medallion she had recently received.

"Yes. Akria, was it? Through the power of that medallion, you've been given magical abilities that were forgotten and thought to have disappeared for many centuries." Palutena explained.

Eva raised her hand. "I have a question - does that mean when Akria did that transformation and said...something 'Evolution', it turned her into a completely different person?!"

"Not completely." Palutena replied. "It changed her appearance, her physical and magical abilities, but it didn't change who she truly was on the inside. It's a process from long ago called 'Celestial Evolution'. A technique that some mortal beings used to become warriors of the Gods."

"Yeah, I said that!" Akria realized. "How long has this whole...technique been lost for?"

Palutena thought for a moment. "I believe it was around the time when I first became the Goddess of Light when it just disappeared...I read and heard about it in scrolls and books, but never had seen in person myself." Palutena admitted.

"But then why did it suddenly appear now, and why can Akria use it?" Leslie asked.

"Well, I remember that when was determined to stop Thanatos...she started glowing and that's when the medallion appeared." Pit spoke up and looked at Akria. "Maybe your determination to save your friends brought it back!"

Akria laughed a little. "I doubt it's THAT easy, Pit."

Angie coughed a little bit. "So, that being said...you wanted us to help you take down Hades again. Do you know why Hades came back in the first place?"

"That is what we're looking into." Palutena said. "It's only been 2 years since the final battle between him and Pit. It shouldn't have been THIS quick to revive him..."

"You think there's someone else involved in his return?" Leslie questioned.

"I'm certain of it." Palutena replied.