Chapter Four

Approaching the palace, Enrico gave a whistle. Being unable to whistle, Patrick only nodded in agreement. Malkata in its heyday was a grand sight. So grand in fact that neither Patrick or Enrico would have been able to put it into words save for: "Hollywood portrayals have nothing on the real thing."

Making their way to the entrance, Patrick and Enrico were stopped by the two guards on duty. After explaining everything, one of the guards said: "We let them in to see the king while he still lives. With how his leg has gotten worse, he will no doubt pass by tonight at the most. That fellow wished to ask of something from Tutankhamun."

"And what would that be?" Patrick asked.

"Permission to search for a certain scroll." The other guard answered.

"What scroll?" Patrick asked.

"He said that was between him and the Lord of the Double Kingdom." Answered the first guard.

"Are my wife and son still here?" Patrick inquired.

"They are all still here." Answered the second guard. "They never left. Go right on in, I'll alert the captain of the palace guard that this fellow has abducted your wife and son."

Smiling, Patrick turned to his uncle and said: "It would seem everything is going just perfectly." The moment he said that however, the smile vanished. "I hope me having said that doesn't cause things to backfire for us."

Walking into the palace, Patrick and Enrico stopped. They looked down one hallway, then another and then a third. Many audience halls, central halls, courtyards and more... They had forgotten just how big Malkatta was.