Birthday Girl

It was Barbie's birthday, March 9th. She was a Pisces, that was one of the main reasons Ryan hated her. But Ken was also a Pisces, so shouldn't he hate him? Ryan knew he couldn't, even if the stars told him he should, he couldn't hate Ken Carson, for he wanted to be Mr.Carson.

Ryan forced himself out of bed that morning, he didn't want to see Ken, especially not with Barbie. It was too painful. He was strong enough, though, so he pulled on his classic, sexy, never-out-of-style, outfit.

He knew Ken would get Barbie some amazing gift this year, considering the past years he's given her something she already had. Ryan didn't care to find something different, his cardboard cutout was the perfect gift for any occasion. (yeah and the perfect sex doll)

He was at the mall, being piled beneath countless presents from Barbie's friends. His legs gave out under him and he pushed the presents away from his field of vision. He was good at hiding his true emotions with a mask, in fact, it was practically second nature to him now. He turned his head to the side, spotting the blonde boy in the striped t-shirt through a window. He was holding a box with a yogurt machine inside. Of course, Ryan knew Barbie already had a case full of these machines.

Barbie opened it, hiding her disappointment and tucking the box away in the only empty space left in the case. She hadn't asked Ryan any questions and she seemed completely unsuspicious of the man who had just cheated on her. Ryan avoided any eye contact with Ken, the blonde doing the same. The pair would have to talk to each other eventually, Ryan couldn't just give up his act of being completely head over heels for Barbie.

He pulled out his cardboard cutout from next to him, wrapping his plastic arm over the recycled paper turned to something much sexier. 

"Can't say you've already got one of these babies".

 Barbie talked to him as if nothing happened, as if he hadn't touched lips with her man, her fine man.

 "Not just one", she said while leading her to a white door, "You give me one every birthday".

Ryan wanted to know how old Barbie was, maybe if he found out he could use that as another reason to dislike her. He began counting, seeing his face made him feel nearly a million times better. He finally felt like he had himself back. Before he could get even half way through, the girl shut the door and walked away, hands balled up and raised near her chest swinging back and forth with each step.

"That's a closet full of handsome", Ryan mumbled to himself while pointing at the double doors.

 "More like a closet full of stupid", Ken said.

 The brunette didn't even realize Ken had followed them to the closet. He hoped it meant something, but it probably didn't.

"I'll give you one anytime you like, Kenny boy".

 Ryan pretended nothing happened and he hinted to Ken to act the same.

"No thanks, I think you attacking me the other day was enough. I almost lost Barbie because of you. But of course, you would want that, wouldn't you? All you ever do is try to get between me and Barbie. Barbie this, Barbie that. I'm sick of it, Ryan. Why can't you just give it up?"

Ryan knew that wasn't the reason he had slipped his taste onto Ken, of course it wasn't Barbie, but Ken couldn't know that. He couldn't let Ken know it was bigger than that.

"Obviously it didn't work".

"Why can't you understand that anything you do to steal Barbie from me will never work".

"Then why did you lie to her?"

 "I did what I had to. Now, if you will excuse me, I still have a gift for Barbie, my girlfriend".

Ryan mumbled to himself and walked back angrily to the group of friends. Barbie held a small silver charm bracelet in her hands, a wide smile on her bright pink lips.

 "Oh, Ken. I love it! And I've always wanted one".

 She placed a kiss on his cheek and he smiled brightly at her. 

"You're the best, most thoughtful boyfriend a girl could ask for!" 

'He is', Ryan thought to himself.

A like shade of pink inched onto Ken's cheeks, he was pleased at Barbie's validation.

 "Thanks, Barbie, but you know there's one thing everyone's been wondering about all day?"

 I leaned on the back of her white couch behind Teresa, staring intently with a small smile at the disgusting excuse of a couple. 

"What's that?"

"How old are you anyways?"

She shook her head and didn't answer, leaving us just sitting in complete silence, staring at each other awkwardly. After 10 minutes of nothing, just blinks and stiff stares, Teresa and Niki stood up and walked out. Raquelle looked at her twin and gave him a long blink before walking out of the dreamhouse.

Ken stayed, probably to give Barbie a 'special present'. Ryan didn't want to think about that, though. Ryan gave Ken a long look and Ken finally removed his eyes from Barbie's disgusting, ovular face.

"Ryan, thank you for coming", Barbie said in a high pitched voice.

Ryan wondered if Barbie naturally talked like that, maybe she actually talked in a low voice and she was insecure. Maybe if Ryan had a higher voice, Ken would love him. Did Ryan love him? He didn't know, he didn't even know the feeling of love.

Ryan awkwardly scratched the back of his neck and gave a weak side-smile. Ken just stared him down, telling him to leave with his harsh glare. He hated when Ken looked at him that way, why couldn't he look at him the way he did after Barbie's pool party?

He stood up and walked out, wanting desperately to turn around and meet his blue eyes once more, but he held back and walked out the huge pink doors of the dreamhouse.