Amethyst

Bolting upright, I put a hand to my chest. I couldn't breathe and my heart was racing. Gasping for breath, I climbed out of bed and ran downstairs, grabbing my coat on the way out the door.

"Hadley?" My mother called behind me as I ascended into the night. The fall air was cold against my flamed skin. Ignoring my mothers calls, I took off in the direction that I saw in my dream.

I followed the same path I traveled in my dream, ducking under branches and jumping over roots. Voices carried through the air, flowing around me. There was a sinking in my chest, making my heart drop to my stomach.

When I got to the clearing I lost tripped over my own feet. There were two men hooting and hollering, slapping hands together. In the middle of the clearing was a small, white wolf under a thick net.

They were going to kill this baby wolf without hesitation. Eyeing the situation, I spotted an axe in a tree stump they had cut. Quickly and quietly, I grabbed the axe. It was foreign to me. It was cool to the touch and heavy. The wolf whined and howled under the net. I wasnt going to let it die.

"I will get Samuel." One of the men said before disappearing into the woods.

The other, not noticing me, walked towards the pup and kicked it. "You are mine now, mutt."

Sending a silent prayer to any God in the sky, I slung the axe over my shoulder and buried it into the guys skull with force. There was. Sickening crack as it sunk into his brain, blood splattering my face. The man fell to his knees. When I let go of the axe, he fell to his face.

I almost emptied my stomach right then and there. I just killed a man. Three voices sounded, getting closer. I hurried to get the pup out, it stayed silent the entire time. Clutching it in my arms, I ran back the way I came from.

Seconds later, loud shouting and bellowing came from the clearing. I pressed on, making my lungs feel like they were set aflame.

Just like in the horror stories, I tripped over nothing. Sprawling to the ground, the pup flew from my arms. It howled as it landed. I could hear shouting again.

The wolf trotted to me and licked my face, nipping at my coat. I scooped it up in my arms and ran the rest of the way home.

Barging through the front door, I kicked it shut and locked it with one hand. Tightly on my other arm was the pup. I wasnt going to let it die. For some reason, I saw through its eyes.

"Hadley! What do you-" My mother exhaled, her eyes wide when she spotted the wolf. "You need to take that outside, right now, Hadley Austen!"

I swallowed hard and clutched the wolf to my chest. "I can't."

"What do you mean you can't?" My mother eyed the wolf.

"There are bad men out there. They want to hurt it." The wolf looked up at me, its brown eyes wide.

"How do you know that?" Mother asks. Her long black hair shines from the glow of the fire.

"They had him under a net and kicked him." I rubbed behind the wolf's ear.

"How did you know where to find him?" My mother looks worried.

"I-I.."

"She saw it, Mara." My father appears out of nowhere. "Through the wolf's eyes." My father turns the fire. "That is her animal. The only way to separate them is Death." Father doesn't turn to us. He speaks into the fire. "Death brought them together. Only death can break them apart."

A/n
Triple update?! Just cause I love you all. Once again, this is unedited. Maybe some day I will edit it. Let's get some votes! Comment, vote, share, and follow me. I follow back.

If you would like to see a chapter dedicated to you, make a cover for me, or even send me a color. My chapters will all be named after colors.

Don't forget to check out The Alpha Kings Mate and Vacation in Hell. (: