east

Abhishek: What in the world is up with you man? Why are you acting so weird?

Siddharth: You'll act weird too if you come to know about my mid life existential crisis bro

Abhishek: Why would I act weird because of your crisis? That makes absolutely no sense. Anyway, what's up?

Siddharth: Jannat has a date with this guy from our school Faisal like right now. DO YOU UNDERSTAND MY CRISIS NOW?

Abhishek: I still don't get it. You're the one who made her go out with him right?

Siddharth: I didn't make her to, I said she could go if she wanted to-

Abhishek: Then what's the problem?

Siddharth: I DIDN'T WANT HER TO

Abhishek: You kids are so annoying I swear.

Siddharth: We're practically adults, who you calling kids? You know what I'm gonna do?

Abhishek: What?

Siddharth: I'm gonna call her-

Before Siddharth can pick up his phone from the kitchen counter top, Abhishek grabs it and hides it behind his back.

Abhishek: You are so not doing that

Siddharth: Alright fine. I'll call the restaurant then-

Abhishek: Okay first of all, I'm not giving you your phone back. And second of all, I'm not going to let you ruin my beloved baby sister's first date.

Siddharth: Have a lil shame dude, I'm your actual brother, what even?!

Abhishek: Do I look like I care?

Siddharth: Fine then. I'm gonna go to the restaurant then.

Abhishek: If you do that, she's gonna hate you forever.

Siddharth: UGH, do I hate you or what?

Saying that, I waited for my brother to leave the room. And as soon as he did, I grabbed my car keys and left the house. There is no way I'm gonna let this happen. I sped to my best friend Anushka's house.

*************

Meanwhile,

Faisal: Hey, I'm so glad that we're doing this

Jannat: Mmhm, me too

Jannat's POV: The guy sitting in front of me was a reputed popular guy in our school. I'm so glad someone like him asked me out. And so glad that he's my first date. But I would have been happier if my asshole of a best friend had not dragged his ass into this. This all started on Thursday.

**************

Thursday,, at school

Siddharth: Guess what I got?

Jannat: Please don't tell me you're going to be in detention again?

He pulled his detention slip out and grinned like a happy kid. Well, I wouldn't be surprised. This was nothing new. Siddharth had amazing brains and he could achieve huge heights but no, my best friend is super lazy. Exaggerating the "super". He is part of a band called "vibes" and almost every girl in our high school is a huge fan of him. They all go simp city when this dude comes onto the stage with his wet messy hair while rocking his guitar.

Jannat: Great, what did you do this time?

Siddharth: I don't really know, there could be tons of reasons. It's prolly becuz I was sleeping in class today, or becuz I haven't turned in the last 3 or 4 assignments or ooh ooh, I know! Maybe it's becuz I skipped detention last week!