south

The moonlight quietly made its way into the room seeping in stealthily but of course, with class. A girl fluttered her eyelids open as soon as the moonlight shone on her face. She looked around her and it was another moment till she realised that there was something warm against her. She turned to her left side making as less noise as possible. A guy was sleeping next to her, his arm wrapped around her. She looked at the sleeping face placed beside her, and smiled to herself. His dark brown hair fell on his face, perfectly blocking his vision. She took another moment to admire his moonlit face before slowly removing his hand away from her torso. Propping up her elbows against the bed, she slowly got up. Why did she get up? She thought she heard something. Something that was not at all comforting so instead of putting her back to sleep, the noise poked her ears telling her to wake up. Kinking of glass? Or breaking? She made up her mind to go downstairs and check up once. Stifling a yawn, she made her way down the hallway slowly, not disturbing the serene environment of the house. When she was halfway through her path in order to get to the living room, she spotted a light emitting from a night lamp. The yellow tinged light was in complete contrast with the silvery moonlight hiding behind the curtains, encroaching from the windows. And that was when she saw a figure sitting on the couch. A head was protruding above the level of the couch, and it certainly looked out of place. It was pretty hard to make out who that was in the absence of the ever beaming sunlight, but it wasn't difficult for her. She had a pretty good idea of who it was. And she wanted to go down there and yell at him for ruining her perfectly good dream. And so she did. She crept down the remaining stairs while pulling her phone out of her pocket and she checked the time. It was a quarter past 3 in the morning. What the heck was he doing sitting here at 3?

Well, let's go through a bit of time rewind, shall we? Jannat Zubair was a 17 year old high schooler. She had a total chic personality and she was really good at whatever she wanted to do. A persistent hardworker, and prettiness was written all over her, outside and even deep inside the core of her soul. She was best friends with another 17 year old guy called Aditya, Adi for short(surprise surprise). They were the ultimate duo, a bit too chaotic, a bit too friendly and a bit too warm all the same. Adi's house was right across Jannat's, which would explain why they have been friends for practically all their lives. They met each other when they were going through their diaper phase, and looking back, you could definitely say that they have come a long long way. Jannat's parents almost had a heart attack when they got to know that her grandmother had fallen down the stairs and bruised her leg pretty bad. They immediately booked a flight to go visit her and make sure that all her needs were overlooked. And so, they put her in Adi's parents' care, which wasn't surprising since his house was her second home. In the beginning Jannat was against this idea, she felt like disposable trash when they tried to cut her off especially when she said she wanted to string along with them, which was understandable considering the fact that she loved her grandparents very much. But then, school. All of this chaos took place right in the middle of the week, which left her parents no choice but to leave her at Adi's house. Now today was a Friday, and Jannat was pretty glad that she had made it this far. Only two more days, and she can finally head back home into the comfort of her own bed. Her parents for some reason weren't ready to let her stay alone. And she didn't like it one bit. But hey, atleast she got to sleep over with her best friend for like almost 5 days. That's pretty great, right? Wrong.

The only problem was that there was someone else who lived in this house. Someone who got on her nerves so bad that she could cut them down just to get rid of her hatred for that person. Siddharth. Siddharth Nigam was Adi's brother. Both of them might call each other brothers, but they depicted nothing but the north and south poles respectively. Adi was an absolute goofball, and he radiated so much energy that it could boost you upto a million volts. He was warm, and he basically screamed the word sunshine so much that it could provide you with all the comfort in the world. Superficially speaking, Adi was ,"so fucking handsome that it could literally blind your eyes", as quoted by many of his fangirls at school. It was pretty much a blessing to see Jannat and Adi being dumbasses and doing chaotic stuff together.