the bathroom

ages:
Sal: 17
Travis: 17
You read the title

Travis POV

That goddamn Sally Face... him and his dumbass friends. I hate them. I hate them so much. They're all such huge fags.. God would never love them. Larry with that dumbass nose.. that bitch thinking she's so tall and mighty for helping that flamer.. Sal. That fucking Sal. Why'd he have to say that and why did I punch him?? I know I was pissed but still. I shouldn't feel guilty for doing that so why do I feel bad? I got up from where I was sitting in the cafeteria and ran off to the bathroom.

I rummaged through my bag, grabbing a note that I started writing during math class. We had a test, but I couldn't care less about it, I knew that I'd flunk it anyways. So I started venting to myself in my notebook. I looked over it and added another sentence. When I looked at it again it looked dumb.

I know we don't really know each other and you probably have your opinions of me. I thought maybe if I told you how I feel, things could be different. The truth is, I can't stop thinking about you. I'm crazy about you. I think you're amazing! But I know these feelings I have are wrong. It's not the say a boy should feel. Shame swallows me whole, just writing these words. My father would kill me but I can't live in his shadow forever. I just love you so much, sally face.

So I scribbled out the last sentence. While I was the tip of my pencil broke. It made me mad so I crumpled up the note and threw it at the garbage. Right after I let go of it I locked myself in a stall and started sobbing. I don't understand why I love that fucker so much. It's unnatural for a boy to feel this way, right? So why did I have to be like this? Everyone else was in the cafeteria so the bathroom was dormant except for me. No one else could know how weak I was being right now. Until I heard someone walk into the bathroom.

Fuck.

Sal POV:

I walked into the bathroom, pretty much just for the hell of it. Not like I'd eat anything, bologna day. Gross. When I got up and dipped Travis wasn't where he was sitting. I took of my prosthetic and looked at the scar from earlier, via Travis. It wasn't that bad, I mean it's not like he split my other eye in half. Hah. I put my mask back on and decided to just wait. Until I spotted a crumpled piece of paper next to the garbage as if they were going to throw it out but missed. I picked it up and looked at the words. The last sentence was crossed out a bunch so I couldn't tell what it said. I walked to the stalls, the third was locked. I'm a comedy genius so I said

"Anyone in there?"
I waited for a response.
"No duh, fuckwad. Buzz off!"

It was Travis. Did he write that note?

"Travis? We're you just crying a second ago?"
"Sally Face? I — No! What the hell? Can't a guy get some privacy?"
"It's okay to have emotions, man."
"Yeah, for queers! Just leave me alone, alright?!"
"Damn, why do you hate me so much?"
"Because you and your dumb friends are a bunch of homos! It's sick! It's not right! God will never love you! Why should I?!"
"You know we aren't all actually gay, right? I mean, except for Todd. Todd is super gay."

Look you can't tell me I'm wrong.

"But that's part of who he is and I think it's wonderful. He's one of the kindest people I know. How could anyone hate Todd?"
"Ugh."
"Travis, is your father pushing these beliefs on you?"
"Just because my dad is a preacher doesn't mean he owns me! I'm my own person."
"Yeah, but... well you seem so unhappy man. Are you sure your dad isn't putting too much pressure on you? I bet it's tough being the son of such an intense man."
"You have no idea what it's like!"
"Do you wanna tell me about it?"
"No thanks, Sally Face, I'd rather keep my misery to myself."
"Alright.. what about that note? By the garbage can?"
"What note? I don't know what the fuck you're talking about, you queer."
"It says.. "I know we don't really know each other and you probably have your opinions of me. I thought maybe if I told you how I feel, things could be differe—"
"Sh-shut up, faggot! I-I-I didn't write that note..!"
"... Travis.. come out of the stall."
"No!"
"Travis. Get out."