His End - Part 1

Part 1 

Sunshine went through the room, as I slowly opened my eyes. I looked over to the bed next to me.

As usual, Kei's bed was empty. She always woke up before me, I never really understood why. She always made sure to get up first and fix her hair, put on her light makeup, and other "girl things" that I'm not sure why she's doing every single day. I mean we don't even have to go to school anymore so what is she getting ready for?

Today my curiosity reached its maximum so I decided to ask her

"Kei"

"Ah! You're awake??? Ummm uhhh WAIT DON'T LOOK OVER HERE"

"But you're wearing clothes?"

"That's not the problem just don't look at me now Kiyotaka please"

Kei ran over to the bathroom and locked herself inside for 10 minutes. When she came out she was her usual self, although her face was a bit more red than usual.

"What's wrong?"

".....Nothing."

She seemed angry but I couldn't tell what's wrong. I only heard her mumbling under her breath something like "I can't believe he saw me like that"

"Anyways, Good morning Kiyotaka, what did you wanna talk about?"

"Good morning Kei."

She didn't seem to be in a good mood. I'm not bragging but since I have been dating her throughout high school and lived with her for 6 months. I think I can read her emotions better than anyone else. Kei was mad. So I decided not to ask her anything now.

"No, it's nothing important."

"What??? Just tell me."

"I don't think you're in a good mood to listen to my stupid question anyways."

"Kiyotaka.... Do you think I'm mad at you?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"No Idea."

" *Sigh* You're so hopeless, I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at myself, so don't worry ok?"

"Why are you mad at yourself?"

Kei's face started to get red again, as she shouted.

"IT'S NOTHING"

"..."

"..."

We both stayed quiet until Kei started speaking again.

"I'm sorry, I just don't think it's worth talking about, just a small mistake on my part."

"Don't be so hard on yourself."

"I have to be, since Kiyotaka has been too soft lately, I have to be hard on myself or I'll start slipping up."

"I see."

I had no idea what she was talking about, but I can't change her mind when I don't even know what's that "small mistake" she was talking about.

"Back to the original topic, what did you wanna talk about?"

"...."

She seemed very persistent so I decided to give up and ask her.

"Kei, Why do you always wake up before me?"

"..!?"

Kei's body suddenly tensed up. She seemed very nervous all of the sudden.

"Aaaaaaah MOUUUUUUU Why am I so stupid???? I LITERALLY guided you back to the topic of my failure"

"Huh?"

Even now, I had no idea what she was talking about or why she was panicking.

"Mou...Kiyotaka no baka" (I'm not translating this lol, it's cuter in Japanese)

"???"

As if she can see the question marks floating on top of my head, Kei took a deep sigh and started explaining.

"I can't believe you're making me say all this..."

"Huh?"

"Listen, Kiyotaka. You're my boyfriend right?"

"Yes, I am."

What a weird question to ask

"Which means I have to always look good enough to maintain my position of being your girlfriend. WHICH MEANS, letting you see my bed hair and sleepy face is A BIG NO"

"Oh.."

Now I'm starting to understand I think?

"Of course I woke up before you because I wanted to go and prepare myself to look the best I can for my boyfriend. The reason I was mad at myself earlier was because of my carelessness. I let you see my horrible morning face. I'll never let that happen again so don't worr-

I jumped at Kei and hugged her before she could finish

"Eh...EHH!? KIYOCHAKA?"

She was so flustered she bit her tongue, My girlfriend can't be this cute. (lol Oreimo reference in 2021)

"Kei, you are beautiful."

"I- I- I k-know I am b-b-but that's because I work hard to look good you know??."

Kei's face turned into a tomato, her ears especially looked extra red.

"I love you the way you are."

"...."

Smoke was coming out of Kei's head, I think I overdid it. I slowly let go of her.

"Kiyotaka, remember when I told you that you've been too soft lately?"

"Yes?"

I don't really know what she's talking about but I decided to listen for now.

"These things are important for girls, I want to look good for you, so please don't spoil me."

"Okay...."

I was genuinely confused, I don't understand why she would even go through all that trouble. No matter how bad she looked, I'd still love Kei dearly... .. "Love is blind" huh.

".....Kiyotaka"

Kei said my name quietly and unlike her usual smile. She had a very worried expression.

"Kei?"

She shook her head.

"It's nothing, I'm just overthinking stuff"

"I see."

That was the day when Kei noticed the change occurring in me, but I haven't. I remained ignorant till it was too late.

To be continued in part 2