「24」

———

After 15 minutes of getting enough air, Jake decided to go back with Sunghoon and Jiwon.

He didn't want them waiting for too long. Jake went back inside with a little surprise.

He saw the lady on the ground while Sunghoon was yelling at her with Jiwon next to him, but she was crying. Jake immediately grabbed Jiwon.

He patted her back to calm her down. "Sunghoon why are you yelling?!" Jake yelled out, so Sunghoon can hear him.

Sunghoon stopped yelling and looked at Jake. "She kissed me." Sunghoon sounded angry and annoyed. Jake was shocked, I mean don't get him wrong. He knew fangirls would do anything to be his girlfriend, but kiss him by force?!

"She kissed you?!" Sunghoon nodded as he looked at the woman on the ground with a smug smile on her face.

A FEW MINUTES AGO

"Hey." The lady saw Sunghoon coming while holding Jiwon's hand, making sure she doesn't get lost again, if he did Jake would kill him.

But instead of answering her, Sunghoon ignored her as he waited for Jake to come back.

"Hello? I'm talking to you!" She got annoyed. Sunghooon ignored her once again, and he was getting a bit annoyed too.

After being ignored twice, she thought of an amazing idea.

She started to walk towards Sunghoon, who was distracted from Jiwon, who wanted Jake back already.

While Jiwon and Sunghoon were pouting together, they didn't realize the lady was getting closer.

And once, she got to Sunghoon, she started to twirl her hair with her finger while biting on her bottom lip. "How can someone be so handsome as you?" She asked, with a pout to bribe him.

"I mean we are meant for each other, we are both attractive. By the book of good-looking, we are supposed to be together, and live happily ever after." She smirked.

Yet Sunghoon didn't answer, and she started to get fed up with Sunghoon's silence.

Due to Sunghoon's silence, she decided to grab Sunghoon's face and smashed Sunghoon's lips with hers. That made Jiwon think Sunghoon was cheating on Jake with this crazy lady.

Sunghoon immediately pushed her away, making her fall with a smirk on her smile.

"Come on, I know you liked it." She winked. Sunghoon clenched his fists as he glared at her.

"You know you should learn how to respect people's space! You can't just come up to someone and kiss them when they don't know you!" Sunghoon continued yelling as he didn't notice Jake coming in and grabbing Jiwon, who was still crying.

PRESENT

Jake didn't know what to feel. He felt a weird feeling, like he was annoyed and kinda jealous, which he didn't understand why.

But Jake decided to keep it in, and not make the problem worse. "Sunghoon it's better if we leave, I can see I'm not welcome here."

The lady smirked, "You think?!" She yelled out. "Shut up!" Sunghoon shouted.

Jake turned away and started to walk towards the door with Jiwon holding on to Jake.

Once he was out the door, he decided to sit on a bench next to the adoption center.

And while Jake was letting Jiwon get rest, she had red eyes from the crying. Sunghoon was still arguing with the lady, who still didn't get the hint Sunghoon wasn't interested.

"Look! I don't like you, I'm in a relationship and you should stop getting into problems. Flirting will only bring you into problems." Sunghoon warned her, but she took it as something else.

"Are you jealous? Jealous I'm going to get another guy that isn't you." Sunghoon groaned in annoyance as the lady smirked.

Then, she launched herself into Sunghoon's arms. "Don't worry baby, I won't fall for any other guy, but you." She giggled.

Sunghoon pulled her away from him and walked away.

"So, let's meet here at 8!" As she blew a kiss to Sunghoon, who didn't even turn around and walked out.

He saw Jake sitting on a bench with Jiwon sleeping in his arms. He walked towards Jake but stopped once he heard Jake talking.

He hid behind a bush as he listened to Jake.

"I'm so sorry Jiwon, I couldn't get you a home." Sunghoon felt bad, this date was supposed to make Jake happy, and bring back his adorable smile.

"Now, we have to wait until we find another center for you, and if I could keep you I would but I want you to have a great family. That will happen one of these days, I promise you." Jake kissed Jiwon's head as he noticed his tears falling.

He sniffed as he hugged Jiwon. Jake choked out a sob making him sob more.

Sunghoon watched from the bush as he felt bad from all of the things have been happening to Jake.

Sunghoon got out of the bush and walked towards Jake. He sat down and wrapped his arms around Jake as he rubbed Jake's back to calm him down.

Jake started to calm down as he lifted his head and faced Sunghoon.

Jake stared into Sunghoon's glossy brown orbs, "Sunghoon," Sunghoon didn't say anything as he leaned forward. Jake stayed in his spot, once Sunghoon was near Jake's lips he stopped and looked at Jake.

"C-Can I?" Sunghoon asked. Jake nodded, becoming shy. Sunghoon closed the gap between the two and connected his lips with Jake's.

Jake didn't hesitate to respond and brought his hand on Sunghoon's cheek caressing with his thumb.

Soon, Sunghoon pulled away and looked at Jake.

Jake smiled as he giggled a bit and looked away. Sunghoon found Jake's reaction cute.

Sunghoon caressed Jake's head as he smiled at Jake.

Jake looked at Sunghoon, who had a smile but soon turned into a smirk. Jake felt himself get red as he felt his heart skip a beat.

"Jake."

Jake turned in the direction where his name was called. He felt his heart drop.

'Dongwoo'

———