Chapter Two: Charlie

____________

Chapter Two:

CHARLIE

She leaned over the counter, her perfectly shaped breasts exposing just enough to tease. She smirked, as she lingered her perfectly manicured finger over my cheek bone. She traced my jaw line and I could feel all the blood drain from my face.

"Charlie, you're so adorable when you're nervous," She whispered, biting her lip, teasingly. I tried to smile, but I was too distracted by her peircing green eyes. And other things. She slowly leaned in, brushing her perfect eyelids close.

I closed my own, and began to lean in as well. I could almost feel her plump scarlet lips crashing onto mines. As the proximity began to close in, my heartbeat raced faster and faster. I can smell a mix of minty breathe and cherry chapstick. She was all mines. Just as her warm breath hovered just above my own, a familiar melody rang out, above our ears.

I backed my car into a cop car, the other day, well he just drove off, sometimes life's okay, I ran my mouth off a bit too much, ah, what did I say? Well, you just laughed it off, it was all okay, and we'll all float on, okay, and we'll all float on, okay...

My eyes snapped open and she pulled away. I frowned and glanced around. Where the hell was that music coming from?? I recall the song by Modest Mouse, called Float On, but where was it coming from? We both glanced around each other, but couldn't seem to find the source. The melody continued to play, as we searched.

A fake Jamaican took every, last dime, with that scam, it was worth it, just to learn, some slight of hand, bad news comes, don't you even worry, even when it lands, good news will work its way, into all them plans, we both got fired on exactly, the same day, well, we'll all float on, good news is on the way, and we'll all float on, okay, and we'll all float on okay...

She suddenly snapped her head up and smiled at me. It wasn't the same sexual seducing smiling as before, but was now a creepy stalker grin. I frowned, now deeply confused, and began to back away. Suddenly, her once beautiful emerald green eyes were now formed into giant green blinking numbers. Its mouth was now foaming at the corners and it began to speak.

"Charlie...wake up," It's voice was no longer dripping with silk and seduction. Instead, it was now husk and deep and low. "Wake up, Charlie. Charlie!"

My eyes snapped open, and I was now staring at my dusty white ceiling fan. I blinked a few times, trying to adjust to the new lighting. My dark blue painted walls surrounded me and I was now pulled out of an awesome dream. I glanced at my alarm clock, which was now unplugged and hanging at the end of my bed. Beside it was my older brother, Steven.