twenty

wednesday

after just finished her shift at work, hanako was walking back from the bus stop towards her flat. with her earphones in as she was singing in her head walking back not paying much attention to her surroundings. it was pretty late to be walking around the middle of tokyo alone, but she only had a short walk from the bus stop so she hopefully should of been okay.

the girl had been on a close shift, meaning she couldn't leave until the pots and kitchen were all clean until the morning staff came in. but no matter how much you did they would always complain and say nothing was done, but hanako couldn't complain, she was also one of those people.

hanako was completely unbeknownst to what was going on around her as she was too busy singing a sing in her head, and failed to notice ito who was calling for her and trying to get her attention. hanako kept walking until she felt someone tap her shoulder, she instantly flinch and punch her fist out behind herself to whoever had touched her worried it was going to be some pervert. but instead found ito holding his cheek.

hanako froze, pulling out her earphone and shoving them in her pocket before she stepped forward to ito.

"oh my god! haruki i'm so sorry!" she said with her hands over her mouth.

"it's fine!" he said standing up straight as he laughed. "you're a lot stronger than you look,"

"thankyou! i've been trying to tell people," she said to him laughing, as she turned off her music. "how come you're out here?"

"i was off to the shop for some milk, what about you, it's a little late to be walking alone," he said to her.

"i finished work, usually komori or sakusa come when i finish this late so i'm not alone but they were both busy," she said.

"oh, well if you want to get milk with me i can walk you the rest of the way?" he asked.

hanako had an internal argument with herself about what to do in this kind of predicament. on one hand ito was nice, and very much interested in her, and was willing to walk her home the rest of the way safely. on the other hand the nearest shop was a ten minute walk, meaning hanako's short journey home would now turn longer, and she would end up buying products she didn't need at the shop.

but then again, it was very late, and she was about to go through the scary part of the route, nothing bad had happened there yet, but who was to say it wouldn't tonight.

"sure, i think we need bread to be honest, so i guess i could spare you some time," hanako smiled, turning back around to walk with him to the shops.

"great, so how've you been, since i last saw you monday?" he asked.

hanako smiled before starting up the conversation with him, telling him about her day yesterday and the shift she had just done. the shift tonight wasn't as bad as she thought it was going to be as her favourite co-worker was on shift, making the time fly by a lot faster. in return haruki told her about his day too.

he had classes all day, which she knew given sakusa and atsumu were in the same class. he talked her through what happened in practice as well. hanako was just smiling as he talked to her, the conversation following easy between them.

ito seemed like a nice guy, she hadn't had much 1:1 time with him as much, given komori seemed to be with the two of them when they were hanging out. which hanako thought had made tonight's encounter with him less awkward. given they already hung out with someone else there leading the conversation.