SECRETS!

SECRETS!

through the few remaining days of her winter break, lisa found herself apologizing.

apologizing to mrs.jeon for managing to lose herself the other day and prompting everyone to comb through the streets, looking for her. apologizing to jennie for the same reason, who now managed to hate lisa even more. and avoiding jungkook.

but in slightly more cheery news, it had begun to snow. mrs.jeon seemed to be hosting some kind of new years' party that a lot of their family would be flying in for. and judging by the vast amount of gold streamers that were now slung around the house and the constant smell of something or the other baking (or burning), it seemed as though an embarrassingly large amount of people would be downstairs as lisa locked herself in her room.

mrs.jeon announced her arrival into lisa's room with a gentle knock.

"hello, lisa! will you be all ready for tonight?" lisa set down the pillow she'd been holding and smiled up at mrs.jeon.

"am I supposed to come?"

"well, of course you are. it's new years' eve, isn't it? are we supposed to hide you upstairs the whole time?"

"what should I do? should I help with – " mrs.jeon waved her aside. "it's all almost ready. the last thing I have to do is buy jennie some proper clothes, in fact we were going out shopping right now! all you need to worry about is having a nice time. jisoo will be there, i know you two are close friends."

lisa exhaled in relief. "oh, okay then. I'll be down whenever you need me to. will mr. jeon be back?"

"yes, he'll be back for new year's. jin will be dropping by as well."

lisa opened her mouth to what time guests would start arriving when jennie's shrieking voice carried up the stairs and into her room interrupting her, "i'm not coming, mom! I look fine!"

mrs.jeon smile turned strained as she gave the noise beyond the door an annoyed glare. "I don't care what you say! you will not be dressing like a dumpster diving slob in front of the entire family!"

"I don't want a freaking dress! I won't wear it, I won't!"

"We are buying a dress and you will wear it, that's final!" mrs.jeon gave an exhausted sigh.

"I wanted a girl so badly, you know, i thought it'd be a lot of fun. and it was very lovely at first having jennie, and I was full supportive when she got into sports, wearing tomboy-ish clothes and such, but ever since she met that boyfriend of hers, she's turned into a complete teenage nightmare," mrs.jeon shook her head.

"boyfriend?" lisa asked startled. there was actually someone bold enough to go out with jeon jennie?

"yes, boyfriend. he's minister min's son, a real delinquent." she said looking very disapproving, "he actually goes to the same all-boys high school that we sent jin too. there's some photos on the living room bookshelf if you're curious – "