19

"You're welcome," I said. I cleaned up the kitchen as Jo helped me put dishes in the dishwasher. "I'm going to go change," I said. Jo nodded, as she finished wiping the counter. I went into my room and got a strong scent of perfume. I turned on the fan and then changed into a pair of shorts, and put on fuzzy socks, and grabbed my blanket, wrapping it around my legs. I knew it was the only way I could wear them. I walked out, and ran into Amelia, as she backed up.

"I apologize," she said.

"It's okay," I said. I started walking, as the blanket got caught and fell, as I hurried to pick it up, and I knew it was too late as I saw Amelia's face.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?' Amelia asked. I looked at her, and felt tears, and ran to the bathroom, as the blanket was sitting there. I felt so exposed, and I just was feeling too sweaty in pants. Jo looked up the stairs and didn't see me as she headed up.

"Where's Grace?" Jo asked. Amelia was speechless.

"She ran to the bathroom, the blanket fell. Is she okay? There's a number of bruises on her legs," Amelia said, handing Jo the blanket.

"Oh, uh. Meredith walked out, hearing Amelia's question, and headed to the bathroom.

"Gracie, it's Meredith, will you open up?" I moved, and she walked in, seeing me huddled with my sweatshirt around my legs. "Hey, you're fine. You can wear shorts here, no one will judge you," Meredith said.

"There are so many questions from everyone, and I'm not ready for them," I said. She sat down across from me and looked at me.

"I know this is hard. Amelia is my sister. She wouldn't tell a soul. She just wants to make sure that you're okay. She's a doctor, and she's dealt with these situations. She's a worrier," Meredith explained. I looked at her and wiped my tears as she helped me stand. I took a deep breath and looked at her.

"I just don't feel comfortable with Callie knowing," I said. Meredith looked at me and nodded.

"Did something happen?"

"She just makes me feel uncomfortable, and I don't want to tell Arizona," I said. Meredith nodded, kissing my head, as we exited the bathroom, and I sat by Amelia on the staircase. "Sorry for taking off," I said.

"You have no reason to be sorry, I wasn't trying to barge into your business," Amelia said. I locked eye contact with her, and took a deep breath, explaining bits of what happened. Jo filled in some of the blanks of what I said, and Amelia wrapped her arms around me as she held onto me. "My heart is with you as you get through this. I know this isn't easy. I know, I'm sorry this happened doesn't help. If you need anything, please let me know. If I must beat someone's ass, I will," she said, which sent us both into giggles. I looked at Jo, and she smiled at me, as I returned one to her.

"Thank you, thank you girls for being so supportive," I said. They all smiled at me and put a hand on my back as we got into a group hug. "So...is Callie a good person?" I asked.

"What do you mean? April asked as we all sat around the top of the stairs.

"I don't know if Jo caught the glance, or what...but when Arizona was telling me she was going on her date, and I was crying from a bad dream. I just saw a straight glare from Callie. I could tell in Arizona's eyes that she wanted to be home with me, but something Callie said, made her go out. I already feel like a burden being here, and feeling like I am changing everything, but I don't want anyone to hate me. I can't take that right now," I explained.

"Hey, you're not a burden, we're so happy to have you here," Lexie said.

"You make kickass food, you clean up after yourself, and you're so fun to be around," Meredith said. I looked up at everyone with tears in my eyes, and I gave them a smile.

"You've all made it easy to come here...I'm overwhelmed and feeling too many emotions to explain...but I'm happy to be here," I said. They all smiled and leaned in on another hug.