𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 3 🦋

AS ME AND LEAH PULLED UP TO OUR NEW HOUSE, I FELT NERVOUS. Yet I had no idea as to why I was feeling this way. Sure I basically moved across the world. And yeah, I was starting my new job as a teacher. But this time I would be teaching young adults.

I would no longer be teaching high schoolers. So of course I'm nervous. Not to mention Leah with her constant bitching. Excuse my French but she is so annoying. It hasn't even been a week yet and I'm already sick of her.

At least Rich was here to keep me actual company. He was also keeping me entertained. Whenever Leah tried to pet him he would bite her finger, which would crack me up. So yeah I guess this week wasn't all that bad.

•••

I looked at our new home in awe. I knew none of this would be possible without my family. My mom, dad and grandma did all of this for me. They offered to buy my house for me but I refused. But I should know by now that they never listen. Even so, I'm just so grateful to have them in my life.

I unlocked the door with my key that they gave me and walked inside. It looked absolutely gorgeous. The interior was everything that I've dreamed of. So I'm glad that they listen to some of what I say.

Everything was black and it looked beautiful. Before you say anything; yes I have other colors in my life but black is the one that I love and appreciate the most.

I just can't wait until I can start decorating the place. But I also can't wait to see the look on Leah's face because she hates houses that don't have a dash of color in them. But until that happens I'm going to go look around some more.

•••

I was finally finished looking around the house and decided to go find Leah. I decided to not look at any of the bedrooms yet because I wanted Leah to choose hers first. She can't say I never gave her anything.

I found her in the kitchen; she was sitting on the counter while eating some toast with Nutella. And she said I didn't have any manners.

One look at me and I could tell that she was annoyed. "Did you really have to make the interior all black?" She said with her mouth full. I rolled my eyes at her. I noticed that I had a habit of doing that.

"First of all, chew with your mouth closed. Second of all, you knew that black was my favorite color and I used to tell you all the time when we were younger that my house would be all black when I grew up."

"Yeah when we were younger. You really expect me to remember something from ten years ago." She said sassily.

I gave her an unimpressed look. "You seem to remember a lot of other things though. Like sleeping with my ex-boyfriend."

I saw her choke on her toast. She started coughing and quickly drank some of her water. I couldn't help but laugh at how stupid she looked. "But don't even worry about it Le, I've been over it." I said while cleaning up the mess she made.

She glared at me. "Then why would you even bring it back up?" I smirked at her. "Because I wanted to. Now get up I want you to pick which bedroom you want." Before she could say anything else I walked away. And I know that I'm acting immature but everything she does just gets on my nerves. I also know that we have A LOT to unpack with our relationship but today is not that day.

•••

AT NIGHT

After Leah had picked her room I chose mine. She babbled on, on how her room is bigger and better. I obviously ignored her because I don't care. I was just ready to take nice hot bath, read, then go to sleep.